Oct 15, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
10 years
Hello all,
I have just signed up to this wonderful site, lots to read still. My wife and I have recently bought our first camper, a 1997 Autosleeper on a Peugeot Boxer 2.5tdi chassis, after quite a few years caravanning. We have enjoyed it so far for the past two months.

I would welcome any advice on converting the over cab area to a bed, at present it is built as cupboards, is there anywhere to buy precut panels from? Autosleeper say they won't sell the parts for d.i.y fitting and would want to do the job themselves.

We have two children, an 8yr old son and a 10 month old daughter, now you can see why we need the bed space.

Any advice would be welcome to a couple of newees to this motorhome malarky.
We do like the way other coachbuilts always wave to us on the road. I forget sometimes when driving the car and get some odd looks when waving to a passing motorhome!:Blush:

Enn.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hiya Ennboat and A Great BIG Welcome to the FUN Site.

Nice to see another Family with kids on the site.::bigsmile:

You could give these Guys a ring.

Motorhome Self Build, Camper Van Parts, Spares and Accessories

I'm not sure about the pre-cut panels though.I cut ours in a previous one after making templates.

Our kids used to sleep over the cab in that one.Used one of the folding bedguards there.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Enn, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Enn

:welcome: Welcome to MHFun.:thumb:

I forget sometimes when driving the car and get some odd looks when waving to a passing motorhome!

You are not alone.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb:
you don't say where you live but if you can get to Beverly nr hull, O'leary motorhomes may well be able to supply panels that match for a diy conversion:thumb:You would have to look at removing cupboards and extending to make a bed :thumb:I did one (a few yrs back) that was hinged in the middle and lifted up to the roof,held in place with a seat belt type fastener ready to drop down for sleeping :ROFLMAO:
terry
Motorhome Self Build, Camper Van Parts, Spares and Accessories

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ennboat

ennboat

Free Member
Oct 15, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
10 years
Thanks.

Thanks for all the response, so quick too I'm impressed:thumb:. The motorhome self build site looks handy I may be able to get some material for the roof lining from them.
We are located in Bournemouth:Cool: so Hull is a bit far to go:Sad: It would be good to find someone with the same van who wants to swap parts - bed for cupboards - but it would be a long shot.
Anyway thanks again everyone.:Smile:
Enn.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Enn have a look at o'learys web site they also deliver :thumb: (the one above)
terry

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Enn and welcome to Fun:winky: