Tyneside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Motorhome acquired

Hi All,
Just logged back on after a week or so and I didn't realise there were so many welcome messages, thank you.
Whenever I got the opportunity to go online, it was either Autotrader or Ebay to find the perfect van. Hopefully I've done that now and I can post about our adventures?
p.s. We are VERY posh Geordies, we're from Hebburn. So posh in fact, a tv company set up camp in our street to make a programme called 'Hebburn', lol!::bigsmile:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi All,
Just logged back on after a week or so and I didn't realise there were so many welcome messages, thank you.
Whenever I got the opportunity to go online, it was either Autotrader or Ebay to find the perfect van. Hopefully I've done that now and I can post about our adventures?
p.s. We are VERY posh Geordies, we're from Hebburn. So posh in fact, a tv company set up camp in our street to make a programme called 'Hebburn', lol!::bigsmile:

People thought that "hebburn" was a comedy, we all know it was actually a documentary !!!

PS a lot of years ago we lived across the road from you in Aln St. But then we moved to Shields, which for those that don't know, is the Geordie equivilent of Mayfair, London .

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome, from nearby Derwentside

:welcomefunster:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

Errr, are you thinking of getting a Generator? :roflmto:

OP
OP
T

Tramperinatruck

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Where to go?

Hi Guys, I'm back!!
Pleased to say I found an Autotrail Chieftain near Ipswich & a deal was done.
Drove back home yesterday & I'm chuffed to bits( we all are).
Anyway,Steeeve( as my daughter has called him), is in secure storage at the moment & we're looking to get away locally this Friday for one evening( just to get the feel for it & I have to work on Sat afternoon).
The wife(Lisa), fancies Kielder, I haven't looked at prices or anything yet, I thought I'd log on here to ask my fellow funsters for their advice?
EHU would be advantageous but not essential.
So come on, where would you recommend within 40 miles or so of Hebburn for our first night in our 2nd home??
Thanks in anticipation
Daz

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Well done and all the best with your new MH.

Kielder will be full of midges and it's a bit of a long way for one night plus you won't be able to test out satellite there. Saying that it's a lovely site. If you are members of the CC you could try Old Hartley which is a stones throw from Whitley Bay. It's a nice site with good walks around to St Mary's lighthouse etc and is not too far from home (or shops). I was down at Whitley Bay yesterday and was thinking that we could pay a visit to Old Hartley sometime soon as we enjoyed our previous stay there.

There is a nice CL at Sweethope Lough just off the A68, again midges might be in profusion but if you are looking for something peaceful it's ideal.

Fouberry Farm near Bamburgh is another favourite and is in the CC book (cl) although they also take non members.

Enjoy!

Kath

OP
OP
T

Tramperinatruck

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Madwife, we've decided to stay at home tonight. Lisa has booked us into Kielder for 2 nights next week(half term) so we'll wait until then. I guess we'd be best off joining the Caravan Club for a list of sites to visit?
I'll report back next week once we've done our first night away.
Daz

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Wot cheer bonny lad and welcome to Fun... :thumb:

The more Geordies the better man... ::bigsmile:

Beware this place is infested with minorities, Welsh, Cornish, Scots, Yorkshireman and Lancastrians... :cry:

Plus an over abundance of Suvverners... :Doh:

We must unite and be strong... as long as you're a Toon fan... :thumb::winky::RollEyes::thumb:

OP
OP
T

Tramperinatruck

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Definitely a Toon Army fan.
Lisa & I got married at St.James Park back in July 2004. she's the season ticket holder, I go to matches whenever I can.
Daz

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Definitely a Toon Army fan.
Lisa & I got married at St.James Park back in July 2004. she's the season ticket holder, I go to matches whenever I can.
Daz

With the number of Geordies on here I suggest our own minority and self help Toon supporters group to offset all these Celts... ::bigsmile:

Shiftzz and his cohorts of Welsh funny ball supporters with his Cornish/Antipodean acolyte Rangitira are trying to gain minority status on 'Fun'... :Angry:

We Geordies have a better claim and better beer... :thumb:

Supported The 'Toon' for 61 years... :Doh:

Despairing of Ashley and the lack of ambition within the club... :cry:

I used to live just up the road from you over the railway from Pelaw.. :thumb:

I used to work on the NCB railway that serviced Monkton coke works and Jarrow staithes until it closed and I joined the prison service... :Cool:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Ow,
R divent nar any posh geordies doown ere cos me and me marra now live in London but used to live in sunderland [HI]say nowt aboot the Black cats, cos we,re divastated.[/HI] Al gan and pugy the managers desk.
Hev a good time on here with us

Happy days Makem happy days::bigsmile::thumb:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
The Great Escape, must admit I was prepared for the Championship but, having supported the mighty red and whites for so long, absolutely nothing surprises me any more. No wonder we don't live as long in the North ::bigsmile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
The Great Escape, must admit I was prepared for the Championship but, having supported the mighty red and whites for so long, absolutely nothing surprises me any more. No wonder we don't live as long in the North ::bigsmile:

Dead right... ::bigsmile:

It's nowt to do with the copious amounts of beer we sup either... :thumb:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Beer is mandatory to help cope with all the ups and downs of being a Sunderland supporter! Sometimes a stiff whisky and valium are also required towards the end of any given season :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back