Apr 6, 2014
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi People,
My wife & I are newcomers to the world of motorhoming.
We purchased a Swift Sundance 630L back in October '06. It was primarily for me to use for work at different locations around the uk(instead of staying in digs) and we planned to do various weekends away with our 4 year old daughter.
I was very happy with it for the 7 weeks that it was in my possession! Unfortunately, thieves took a liking to it and it was stolen whilst I was at work. Insurance Co. paid up but we were both gutted. How can people be so callous?
Anyway, fast forward to 2014 and we're ready to take the plunge again. We still like the layout of the Swift 630L/ E495(Bessacarr) but I'm also looking at the Autotrail Chieftain.
Speaking of which, I've found an '06 model with 11k miles for just under £30k (good price??)
Being a truck driver, I'm rather keen on the longer,6 wheel van as i think they look better & I've been informed that they ride better.
I'm sure we'll have lots more questions to ask, very glad we joined.
Cheers,
Daz & Lisa.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hello from fellow Geordies !! Are you from north of the river or posh like us from south of the Tyne ?

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
[COLOR="Red" said:
Geordies;983382]Hello from fellow Geordies !! Are you from north of the river or posh like us from south of the Tyne ?[/COLOR]

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
WELL AV HORD EVRYTHING NOO A POSH GEORDIE FROM SOUTH OF THE TYNE. NA THATS WHAT WE CALL A MACKEM. POSH GEORDIES LIVE IN DARRAS HALL LIKE ME???????? WELCOME TO THE FORUM GOOD TO SEE A FEW MORE GEORDIES AND POSH MACAMS FROM SOOTH OF THE TYNE. FUN!!! FUN!!! FUN!!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Waving from here in The Scottish Borders where the Puddledrake is a Sand Dancer! (now that will confuse a few folk).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tramperinatruck

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Funsters,
Many thanks for all the welcome notes.
Still exploring this site at the moment. Also,I rang a garage today that was advertising an AT Chieftain, alas, it was sold so gotta keep looking.
We're hoping to acquire one in the next month or so?
I think our first outing will probably be to Kielder Water? We're also very keen on exploring the Highlands(Inverness & Isle of Skye) I was working up at Inverness for a month 4 years ago and my wife and daughter joined me on my last weekend, fabulous part of the world.
Cheers for now
Daz

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi and welcome from us. Howie is a Geordie too being from The Felling.

Hope you get sorted out soon and get away on your travels. Kielder is very nice but be warned - the midges are very vicious up there. There are lots of nice places to stay within an hour of Tyneside which is ideal for a first trip out to check all is working in your motorhome.

Kath and Howie

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
In exile

Ow,
R divent nar any posh geordies doown ere cos me and me marra now live in London but used to live in sunderland say nowt aboot the Black cats, cos we,re divastated. Al gan and pugy the managers desk.
Hev a good time on here with us

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Hi and welcome from us. Howie is a Geordie too [HI]being from The Felling[/HI].

Hope you get sorted out soon and get away on your travels. Kielder is very nice but be warned - the midges are very vicious up there. There are lots of nice places to stay within an hour of Tyneside which is ideal for a first trip out to check all is working in your motorhome.

Kath and Howie

I grew up in The Felling !!! A great place in the 70s.

Martin

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Howie still has family living in the Felling. He went to Heworth secondary modern but that was in the 60's.

Kath

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Hi and a warm welcome from fellow Geordie's Terry and Barbara. I grew up in Gateshead Barbara from Wallsend. We moved from the N.E. 30 years ago partly with the job and partly because I don't drink alcohol and know nothing about football. I was excommunicated by the Pope and was a social outcast at the Saltwell Social Club. Retired and living in Cheshire, very posh got glass in the windows and the van has wheel trims. Started motor-homing 2 years ago, love traveling in France and currently in Spain. Stayed at Seahouses in Feb, fish and chips at the dolphin (as it was in the 70,s and it was like being back home) Good luck with the search for a van and hope to bump into you on the circuit. We are not the most knowledgable on the Forum but always here to help. Regards Terry and Barbara.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
My first job was at the rope works in Waalsend.
500 women and 50 blokes. I could tell you a few stories about "haggie's angels " as the women were called but none of them would be suitable for this web site. Jim would have me banned.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun its a canny site like, and for those confused about Puddleducks remark, sand dancers are from South Shields.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to the Fun.
great forum great people.

Mel & Lieve