Newbie ! (1 Viewer)

S

sujole

Deleted User
Hi

We have just got our first motorhome after 8 years of caravanning. It is a coachbuilt 2002 Elddis Autostratus CK2000 on a Peugeot Boxer chassis and is really easy to drive. I am sure we will have loads of questions once we get in to the swing of things. One problem we do have is that we have read loads about the unfriendly parking and are now worried that we may have done the wrong thing although the idea of being able to roam easily still very much appeals. My wife is registered disabled but we wouldn't even consider putting it in a disabled space as it takes up 1 1/2 bays. Your advice would be very much appreciated.

John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, You will read about the odd parking issue, but its not really a problem, there are thousands of sites and certificated locations in the UK alone. And we only play at it. On the continent the Motorhome is king, and there are tens of thousands of places you can park

Lots of motorhomeowners and quite a few Funsters are blue badge holders as well, so ask away if you have any issues in that area.

Meanwhile welcome to the fun.:thumb::thumb:

The Kar-Mann

Free Member
Jan 23, 2008
in a wood
Funster No
Exp
3 years
Hi

We have just got our first motorhome after 8 years of caravanning. It is a coachbuilt 2002 Elddis Autostratus CK2000 on a Peugeot Boxer chassis and is really easy to drive. I am sure we will have loads of questions once we get in to the swing of things. One problem we do have is that we have read loads about the unfriendly parking and are now worried that we may have done the wrong thing although the idea of being able to roam easily still very much appeals. My wife is registered disabled but we wouldn't even consider putting it in a disabled space as it takes up 1 1/2 bays. Your advice would be very much appreciated.

John
Hi and welcome to motorhoming. I am a blue badge holder and with a little planing ahead I have not had any problems parking, I have been suprised how very helpfull some counties have been.
On one trip out I thought I might have a problem parking so I phoned the local council where I was going and they offered to cone off several bays on the day of my visit so that I could park. That was good service and as a result we visit more often.
Good luck
Andy:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Disabled parking is usually plentiful, it is here anyway, so what if you do take up 2 bays, if you need disabled access then you do, end of story. However when I see anyone pull up in a disabled spot, displaying a blue badge then procced to jump out and rush into the shop/supermarket etc it makes my blood boil. That is an abuse of the system. It is the need not the ability to display a badge which should count.
Anyway, rant over welcome to the site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back