Free Member
Dec 29, 2012
Chester
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie !!
Hi everyone - am about to enter the big wide world of the Motorhome with a conversion.

Can't wait for our first adventure - I live in Cheshire and am after some advice for a nice little site nice and close for our first adventure. We will have a toilet and shower in van but would like a site with electric hook up and toilets / showers for a first adventure.

Was thinking about Anglesey or bottom end of Lake district.

Roll on 2013 - can't wait for our first adventure

AJ

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, for a site near you how about giving the CCC Site at Delemere Forest a try not far from you and open all year.

Anglsey is great but not sure what sites open until Easter, after Easter Church Bay at Anglesey has a brilliant little CL just opposite the lobster pot, if you like walking right on the costal path.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
You could try Bardsea Leisure park in Ulverston Sout Lakes (google Bardsea Leisure). They are open all year and have Fully serviced pitches and good shower block. They also have a well stocked accessory shop for all the little bits and pieces you might need. Good pub within a shortish walk.

GAILSTEVEJONES

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welsh Newbies.

:Smile: Hi my name is Gail & my husband Steve & I have just finished converting a LDV Convoy van into a camper. We were hoping to join a campervan group in South Wales and meet up with others for weekends away. However we can't find a group local to us. I am 53 and Steve is 59. We both enjoy travel, love singing and have run our own karaoke business for about 20 years. Steve also plays guitar and we would love to get away with other campervan owners with similar tastes. We love children and hope to take some of our grandchildren away occasionally too. We also have 3 cavalier king charles dogs but won't always want to take them with us.
Can anyone advise us of a group which we could join for occasional rallies.
Cheers Gail & Steve.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
:Smile: Hi my name is Gail & my husband Steve & I have just finished converting a LDV Convoy van into a camper. We were hoping to join a campervan group in South Wales and meet up with others for weekends away. However we can't find a group local to us. I am 53 and Steve is 59. We both enjoy travel, love singing and have run our own karaoke business for about 20 years. Steve also plays guitar and we would love to get away with other campervan owners with similar tastes. We love children and hope to take some of our grandchildren away occasionally too. We also have 3 cavalier king charles dogs but won't always want to take them with us.
Cheers Gail & Steve.

Hi and welcome.
if you pay the £10 subscription to this site you are in the right place as there are lots of meets and rallies all over the uk and even out into europe and morocco.
most of the fun rallies and meets have space for a little light acoustic entertainment and there is no pressure to join in with all the antics that go on at these events.

it has been the best £10 a year i have spent for a few years and the knowledge you will gain over the subscription period will save you far more than you can imagine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Hi everyone - am about to enter the big wide world of the Motorhome with a conversion.

Can't wait for our first adventure - I live in Cheshire and am after some advice for a nice little site nice and close for our first adventure. We will have a toilet and shower in van but would like a site with electric hook up and toilets / showers for a first adventure.

Was thinking about Anglesey or bottom end of Lake district.

Roll on 2013 - can't wait for our first adventure

AJ

the best advise i can give you is if you have a driveway park the van on there plug it into the house and spend a weekend in it.
then by the following weekend you will have put everything that you didnt think you would need so can go away and enjoy it knowing that you have got all the basics and everything works and it didnt cost you anything.

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Cheers Gail & Steve.

Hi Gail and welcome.

We too have Cavalier King Charles - tow of them - and they love coming away with us in our MH. I'm sure you will be welcome on rallies, especially if you're providing some entertainment!

Not a big deal, but maybe you would have been better starting your own "introduce yourself" thread rather than hi-jacking AJ's? Maybe Jim can move it.......?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
If your not a member of the CC or CCC try James's just off the A5 at the Ruabon turn off, nice and local, clean and reasonably priced, also close to Clywd caravans if you find you need any bits and pieces:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back