Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
New Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hello All,
After being a M/H user for about 20 years and avoiding any major mishaps we have been off the road for almost ten months. The reason being that we discovered the hard way that when travelling you must never become complacent and think it will never happen to you because it did, in no uncertain terms. Whilst driving in North Wales and looking forward to a visit to the Centre for Alternative Technology and almost within site of the entrance a motorcyclist tried to take the bend to fast, lost control, hit the brakes causing the bike to buck the rider into the air and crash into our windscreen which surprisingly apart from having a large impression of his helmet plus major cracking and splintering stayed in one piece. This all happened in a split second and all I heard was "Oh my God" from my wife who if the w/screen had not remained intact would surely have been seriously injured as the impact was directly in front of her. This happened at 3.15pm and the Police finally left me after all the form filling etc at 7pm. The road was closed for three hours and a helicopter used to take the rider to Hospital. We all thought he was badly injured however he was discharged the following afternoon having suffered severe lacerations to his neck caused by the w/screen wiper arm snapping off and a damaged shoulder. We have just had our camper returned from the repair shop after having most of the frontal area being replaced. Thank goodness for Insurance as it must have been a hefty bill !! Needless to say we will be taking it very steadily on our first trip away !!
RB

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Welcome to the funsters
:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:
Happy Daze ahead
Chrisboyo

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to Motorhome Fun and may your future travels be safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

arebee

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
New Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks

To all that welcomed me may I say a hearty THANK YOU and hopefully this year will see a few more miles on the speedo after last years "lay-off":Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi an welcome to the fun. wow your wife had a lucky escape, still it mus now give you a lot of confidence in the integrity of the van and your personal safety. It is bound to be worrying for you both the first trip so make it soon and get it out of the way. don't forget we have a chatroom. I am there just about every night so do drop by for a natter. Whilst I am a Portsmouth lad I live in Devon and do travel back and forth a bit so maybe our pathes will cross. There are a few other members in your area. I am long overdue for a visit to the motor museum, not been there since the 1970's.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to MotorhomeFun ::bigsmile:
Glad everyone came out of it relatively unscathed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

arebee

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
New Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Best Wishes

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the message, hopefully we will be under way soon and maybe our paths will cross as I am often at Sammy Millers for a nosh !!
Regards,
Roger

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hello and welcome to the fun.:welcomefunster: