Free Member
May 21, 2020
Dromore, Co. Down
Funster No
MH
Overcab coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I hope everyone is keeping safe and well?

Thought I would come on and say hi to everyone and introduce our family. There is my wife, 1 year old baby girl, our jack Russell and myself. We are planning to buy a motor home to upgrade from the tent we have been using, plus the added convenience and security now with a wee one.

We have taken serious consideration due to the current pandemic, but with me not looking like ill be back to work for a few months yet we may take the plunge now while we have lots of family time. Let's just hope the camp sites will open soon with social distancing influenced.

With this in mind we are aiming to buy around the £10k mark with gives us something around the late 90's or early 00's to look at, fiat ducato or similar. Any advice would be fantastic.

Also has anyone else noticed the scams on motorhomes for sale on ebay?

Thanks

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Yes be very careful of the so called bargains on fleabay.
As they say if it looks too good to be true ,it isn't.
Good luck on your search .but for a decent moho in the years you are looking at I think you may have to dig a bit deeper .
98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2 (1).gif

OP
OP
Jimmer84

Jimmer84

Free Member
May 21, 2020
Dromore, Co. Down
Funster No
MH
Overcab coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for your input jollyrodger......your probably right, I have seen a couple that are in those years around the 10k mark but this is before going to see them so God knows what could be wrong.
What would you guys suggest we could be looking at around the 10k mark as a good starter camper? Would need to have a toilet and shower because once we would be allowed to use it we won't want to use public showers and toilets.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Welcome ?
There is plenty of sound information in this forum relating to buying a motorhome. Search Damp Meters as having one of those to hand when you do go looking is a good start.
Good luck and stay safe.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome, good luck with your search ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
Rugby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2019, folding camper for many years.
Hello and :pink: to the fun

If you have the vehicle reg you can check to see whats been done in the MOT history at Broken Link Removed

happy searching and researching

OP
OP
Jimmer84

Jimmer84

Free Member
May 21, 2020
Dromore, Co. Down
Funster No
MH
Overcab coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the links jollyrodger.....the 6 berth is the shape/size we would ideally like, but could even be a 4 berth. Having one with a garage would be amazing as we are big into mountain bikes and would rather they weren't strapped on the back to be easy pickings......but again I know we probably won't get this in the budget.

The biggest issue is we are limited here in Northern Ireland as we can't travel to the mainland to buy one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back