Newbie with Oldie seeks Lake District hook up (2 Viewers)

Jun 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer S680 AD2000
Just fitted solar panels to our new vintage Hymer thanks to the excellent help on these forums! Have longed to get a motorhome for years! Finally found an AD2000 Hymer S680 in good condition and love it to bits. Two short trips so far - Malvern and Tenby. Learning all the time (first trip with no Wastemaster etc - upcamping to drive 100 meters for water :-[

Am planning to get a Suzuki Address 110 and then next trip to the lakes. I wonder if anyone can suggest a good site in the Lake District with reasonable facilities and nice views? Would be very handy if it also had good internet/4G. Also could anyone advise on a cheap way to secure a scooter in a motorhome garage? Many thanks!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Fit eye bolts and use ratchet straps.
Works every time. Make sure things are secure.
Tob box will highly likely need to be taken off in order to go into garage. Suggest 2 helmet box as it makes address look bigger to cars behind. It also takes 2 helmets !
Ramps are 45 quiddish off normal eBay and Amazon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Thought Id stumbled on MHfun dating site for a minute when I read the title

Id second the CC site at Keswick, some lovely walks and things to do. " mins form shops, centre of keswick etc too.

OP
OP
H
Jun 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer S680 AD2000
Did you get your van from Pontypridd way by any chance?
Yes indeed! Was hesitant at first - but the 5-cyl OM 602 engine with low miles made my mind up - have had this engine in previous vehicles. All serviced and running like a dream!

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yes indeed! Was hesitant at first - but the 5-cyl OM 602 engine with low miles made my mind up - have had this engine in previous vehicles. All serviced and running like a dream!
Ah, I saw that one on eBay a couple of months ago and wondered if it was the same one. Nice van 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back