newbie with cold start issues and missing air temp connector (1 Viewer)

furnitureman

Free Member
Jan 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Hi All this is my first post, i have a 2007 boxer van based MH with the 2.2 ford engine, starts lovely when warm but awful when cold, ive replaced all glow plugs and the glow plug relay and the maf sensor, i have a brand new battery as well, i recently had a diagnostic test done and the external temp read -60 i have a replacement external sensor to put into the drivers side mirror but when i took the mirror off the van there is a wire from the mirror for the temp sensor but no plug inside the van door for the sensor to plug in, do all vans have the external sensor or am i looking in the wrong location is the one in the mirror simply for the dash read out if so is there another external temp sensor i need to look for,

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years

Page 3.30 shows connector that has external temp sensor wiring to the door.
NOTE, this is for ducato and later model. May not be the same as yours.

Also not sure if this affects engine start on cold days, definately is the dash display of external temp.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

furnitureman

Free Member
Jan 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Hi Thanks for that unfortunately the plug is different from mine, when i remove the window switches there are two plugs in the switch one for the windows and one for the mirror adjustment the clipped to the side of the door is the plug for the mirrors but i cant find anything for the temp sensor so i wondered if the older van didn't have one or if its in a different location i need to get this cold start sorted the glow plug light goes out within a few seconds of turning the switch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

I’m sure someone will give you some useful feedback soon....🤞

Upvote 0

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Hi Thanks for that unfortunately the plug is different from mine, when i remove the window switches there are two plugs in the switch one for the windows and one for the mirror adjustment the clipped to the side of the door is the plug for the mirrors but i cant find anything for the temp sensor so i wondered if the older van didn't have one or if its in a different location i need to get this cold start sorted the glow plug light goes out within a few seconds of turning the switch
Careful as you will run out of posts if you dont sign up to the forum.
The plug I was referring to is in the van, not the door.
I became interested as our van is an A class so no fiat bodywork around the cab. This plug was to left of drivers left foot on a lhd fiat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

furnitureman

Free Member
Jan 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Careful as you will run out of posts if you dont sign up to the forum.
The plug I was referring to is in the van, not the door.
I became interested as our van is an A class so no fiat bodywork around the cab. This plug was to left of drivers left foot on a lhd fiat.
I have signed up for the forum but only an hour or so ago, ill look into the location you mentioned thanks again for your help

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

furnitureman

Free Member
Jan 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
I presume it will turnover but not start?

Injector problem?
It will start without problems above 10 deg as soon as it gets cold it turns over and will eventually start with a big cloud of white smoke, but during the spring/summer and autumn it starts first turn of the key, once its warm it starts fine as well

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back