Free Member
May 29, 2015
Sutton Coldfield
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi there
Got lots of question as a newbie tyre kicker at the moment and its hard work trawling the web for all the answers lol so hoping to have then answered on here :)
Looking to buy a second hand low profile 2 berth motor home most probable in the spring 2016.
So far it’s down to an u shaped rear lounge configuration or a Auto sleeper Nuevo mark 2 with front skylight. The Nuevo choice is because it is a compact well though out design but is an expensive first choice. The rear U shaped is a choice through just been plain comfortable in my eyes. My partner loves the Nuevo and the looks of the later model (2007/£25000 and up) U shaped lounge such as the Autosleeper and Bessacarr as they “seem” better quality.
Are there better quality motor homes or is it purely design and looks? I know some of the European designs are regarded as good quality and does any one know of a rear u shaped lounge 2 berth version (don’t want fixed bed seems a waste of space)
There also seems to be much debate on quality. Is there a recent year from which motor home quality improved? Or are all manufactures different.
My ideal layout would be a low profile Auto sleeper Broadway el/sigma el what equivalents are out there of equal quality.
We will storing the van on the drive so do you see solar panels as been a priority? What would you recommend as a priority?
Lots of questions sorry let me know if they need to be split up and put in different areas on the forum
Thanks

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome
upload_2015-5-29_12-46-52.png

All good questions, there will be lots of good answers shortly from Those Who Know (doesn't include me I'm afraid!) All I can definitely say is, you WILL get contradictory opinions - horses for courses - as well as sound advice. ;)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The general advice is to go round a few exhibitions and see what is available new and try different layouts.

What you buy will depend on what you want to do with it. If you plan to go skiing then a fully winterized MH from Germany or France is probably what you want. We like warm holidays so cab a/c was a must for us. A solar panel is a must I think unless you are always going to use campsites with electric hookup - but there is a whole world out there of free or low cost places to stay. However, solar can be added later.

A garage underneath is great for storage but it means a fixed bed which in turn restricts the living area unless you go for something big.

Also consider weight - over 70 you can't drive over 3.5t without a medical examination and something like diabetes could fail you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back