Newbie to this strange world of motorhoming (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! A chilly time of the year to start but it'll soon warm up. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi and welcome so come on then, tell us the age, make and model of the kids ...... :giggle:

seriously though, the kids will love it irrespective of age. start off by spending a day on the drive/garden using it as you would when away on a trip, without going back into the house (unless you absolutely need to, that will help teach you to pack what you need) then next time move onto spending a whole day and also sleeping in it on the drive and then do it all again without electric hook up.

you will then learn all about the stuff you need to know before going away in it and struggling, miles from home!

pay your £15 and join the forum, you will find it well worthwhile, especially to sort out those new toy issues ...

i like the bunk bed layout at the back for the kids, though at our age we wouldnt want to be climbing up to the front cab bed BUT for lots of people its not an issue.

Any plans on where you are hoping to travel, include the kids in planning if theyre old enough. Take advantage of the wild camping moonfruit site to find cheap/free camping spots in the UK and if you get chance to go over to mainland Europe, then you could holiday for free, just paying fuel and food. We spent a couple of weeks touring and spent 10 euros in total for a pitch, yet stayed at some brilliant locations with swimming, boating, walking, cycling all free (including a wine producing chateau where even the electric hook up was free!)

enjoy the adventure !

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi never mind the kids ::bigsmile: hubby and i were so excited when we picked our hymer up last may..I think..how time goes, have fun. Kids and you will love it

Dec 2, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Sunliving S60SP
Exp
Just completed our First Overnighter
Hello
We hope to pick up our first motorhome next week, Sunliving S60SP, very excited.
So we might see you on the roads of Europe and the UK.
Happy Adventures
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back