newbie to this life on wheels and freedom. (1 Viewer)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
hi everyone. ::bigsmile:
after years of wishing, wanting and saving for a camper, finally took the plunge late last summer and bought a 5 year old renault trafic that had been newly, basically converted, sans luxuries, but was small enough for me to drive and to fit up the driveway, just..

however, after the first trip out and realising how easy it was to drive, park, reverse, and all those other things that some of us females worry about, now wish to park it atop a host of growbags in the hope that maybe, just maybe, it'll double in size..:roflmto:but that means more cupboards and then more clutter, and i prefer simple and easy and..
but i love her anyway as it gives me freedom and choice to go wherever, whenever, and what am i doing?? :Doh: you all already know that, so i'd best stop tapping the keyboard here and go read some threads..:roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Dryad , welcome to the fun forum .. :Smile:

the bigger they are the more you take and the fewer places you can park or camp.. size makes no difference to the pleasure. ... enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Dryad. Welcome and hope you really enjoy the site and coming to meet up with some of us whenever you feel up to it. Freedom is the word isn't it.:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
flyingwelcome
Hi and welcome to the fun forum Dryad ::bigsmile:

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
:welcomefunster:

Welcome to the funhouse, hope to see you around

Nick, Helene and Matti too

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Dryad :welcome:

...now wish to park it atop a host of growbags in the hope that maybe, just maybe, it'll double in size..

Well, if that fails, feel free to park it next to my van.....it'll definitely seem bigger in comparison :thumb:

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
remember, it isnt the size, it's how you use it :)

i started off with a vw LT 35, the old forward controll type, 18 feet long, 6 wide, but it was just me and my dog, and it was ideal,

then i had the chance to do self build a coachbuilt, and have more space than i need, but if i'm honnest, i do miss the smaller 'camper' at times,

i have lots of storage space in my current van, but all i do is fill it up with more rubbish i could live without, and to do that i even had to change the rear axle from a single wheel to twin wheels to uprate the chassis by a ton,
this results in sub 20mpg figures, a van that takes up 1 and 3/4 spaces at a carpark, roads i can't go down due to weight or width restrictions, costs me more on ferries, toll roads abroad, and i have to pay truck rates to travel in certian countries abroad (switzerland and austria, insted of using a flat rate yearly carnet sticker, i have to use a go box which charges by the mile i travel)

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
:thumb: thank you everyone for my warm welcome here on this blessed cold bank holiday weekend.
should have replied before, but got caught up reading good and interesting info here, :Blush:
and then i discovered the arcade section and got a little carried away....

Last edited:
OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
Hello Dryad :welcome:

Well, if that fails, feel free to park it next to my van.....it'll definitely seem bigger in comparison :thumb:

hehe..i actually nearly bought a tardis (sorry, doblo :roflmto:) as there's bags of room inside, with a view to turning into a mini camper and sleeping in with my wheelchair and hoist, but when it came to the test drive, found my legs cramped summat awful with the pedal configuration, so bought a ulysee instead...
and then found with the hoist and powerchair inside, there was not enough room for me to kip in it, :Doh: what a bugga. :Sad:
so now i've got the trafic too, and with bags of room, but no means of getting the powerchair inside, (or enough room for it) thought i could get away with a very small strip down scooter jobbie, but have found that it's useless for scampering around the woods and festivals etc, so am here to pick a few brains, learn a lot, and hopefully meet up with a few of you in freedom land..:Cool:

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
Hi Dryad , welcome to the fun forum .. :Smile:

the bigger they are the more you take and the fewer places you can park or camp.. size makes no difference to the pleasure. ... enjoy

am totally with you on that..:Smile:

nothing worse than an interesting tiny lane and wondering what's down the end of it, and being too big to fit, and as i can't walk too far, (coupla steps) don't want to be missing out on all the secret places waiting to be discovered. ::bigsmile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
hehe..i actually nearly bought a tardis (sorry, doblo :roflmto:) as there's bags of room inside, with a view to turning into a mini camper and sleeping in with my wheelchair and hoist, but when it came to the test drive, found my legs cramped summat awful with the pedal configuration, so bought a ulysee instead...

I found the accelerator and brake to be much closer together than on my old Citroen C3, with all the accompanying entertainment value that can cause :Eeek:. Soon got used to it, although no matter what I've driven, I always end up resorting to a pair of lightweight canvas shoes when I'm driving.

so now i've got the trafic too, and with bags of room, but no means of getting the powerchair inside, (or enough room for it) thought i could get away with a very small strip down scooter jobbie, but have found that it's useless for scampering around the woods and festivals etc, so am here to pick a few brains...
Well...that puts my organizing difficulties into perspective...in fact, if you ever spot me sitting in the van moaning because I can't quite reach my glass of plonk or work out where to place the iPod speakers.....come over and give me a slap :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back