Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
Well what a wonderful experience never having been to a rally before. Mew and Sandra our hostesses made us feel most welcome for the three rallies we attended, Falkirk, Lochore and Hawick.
Having returned I felt it was essential to give some feedback for the the funster members who have never been to a rally before. Yes I understand you may feel it is not for you however stand back whilst looking at the bigger picture. Having these rallies promotes motorhoming in the best way, which as per example the local councillors at Hawick alongside with their hospitality hosts led by Marjory was a tonic to be part of. Talk of being proactive is an understatement. All who attended the informal meetings took onboard all suggestions regarding facilities and improvements whilst also detailing the input motorhomers bring into the local community. I am sure Hawick council are leading by example amongst others which will hopefully be followed by other councils offering facilities with the follow on benefits.
Regarding the rallies themselves one couldn't ask for a better bunch of folk from all different walks of life with amazing stories to tell which can only be eloquently quoted from Desiderata; Take kindly the counsel of the years , gracefully surrendering the things of youth. All of us have a story to tell.
Finally rallies are a nucleus where skills, knowledge and expertise come together. Believe me if you have a problem with your motorhome I can guarantee it can be fixed on site and if not someone will know how to get it remedied. The wealth of expertise came across quite profoundly being a retired offshore engineer of many decades having seen some of the so called experts in my field. No one cares what motorhome you own, you are taking part surrounded by an abundance of experts. I thought I had numerous T shirts having been there and got it in all corners of the world however having attended our first three rallies one can see quite readily there will always be greater and lesser with characters that come across with great aplomb. Generosity of heart can only sum it up.
You don't have to take part in all the events organised, just be yourself however the BBQ's, entertainment, company and Sunday bacon butties are highly recommended.
Rallies may not be for you. All I can ask is please give it a go you will be pleasantly surprised whilst also making new acquaintances which will last for years and years.
Until the next one, take care.
atb Neil, Pat and Iona.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What a lovely post Neil, some folk get more out of rallies than others. It all depends on how much effort your willing to put in. Maybe knowing MicknMew helped but you sure participated . it was a pleasure to meet you and Pat. Hopefully we will have a repeat at New Year x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hi,
Well what a wonderful experience never having been to a rally before. Mew and Sandra our hostesses made us feel most welcome for the three rallies we attended, Falkirk, Lochore and Hawick.
Having returned I felt it was essential to give some feedback for the the funster members who have never been to a rally before. Yes I understand you may feel it is not for you however stand back whilst looking at the bigger picture. Having these rallies promotes motorhoming in the best way, which as per example the local councillors at Hawick alongside with their hospitality hosts led by Marjory was a tonic to be part of. Talk of being proactive is an understatement. All who attended the informal meetings took onboard all suggestions regarding facilities and improvements whilst also detailing the input motorhomers bring into the local community. I am sure Hawick council are leading by example amongst others which will hopefully be followed by other councils offering facilities with the follow on benefits.
Regarding the rallies themselves one couldn't ask for a better bunch of folk from all different walks of life with amazing stories to tell which can only be eloquently quoted from Desiderata; Take kindly the counsel of the years , gracefully surrendering the things of youth. All of us have a story to tell.
Finally rallies are a nucleus where skills, knowledge and expertise come together. Believe me if you have a problem with your motorhome I can guarantee it can be fixed on site and if not someone will know how to get it remedied. The wealth of expertise came across quite profoundly being a retired offshore engineer of many decades having seen some of the so called experts in my field. No one cares what motorhome you own, you are taking part surrounded by an abundance of experts. I thought I had numerous T shirts having been there and got it in all corners of the world however having attended our first three rallies one can see quite readily there will always be greater and lesser with characters that come across with great aplomb. Generosity of heart can only sum it up.
You don't have to take part in all the events organised, just be yourself however the BBQ's, entertainment, company and Sunday bacon butties are highly recommended.
Rallies may not be for you. All I can ask is please give it a go you will be pleasantly surprised whilst also making new acquaintances which will last for years and years.
Until the next one, take care.
atb Neil, Pat and Iona.
Good for you, you really can have a lot of fun at rally’s if you try(y)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Falkirk, Lochore and Hawick were our first Rallies and where we lost our m/home virginity after 6 weeks or so of ownership ... :oops::LOL: We can echo Neil's sentiments, and add that you can be as involved as you wish, or be as shy and retiring as suits you. No'Hi de Hi' forced jollity, and you can 'dip in and out' during the course of the day. If there's a gathering of coffee mugs with motorhomers attached, grab a coffee and join the group. Just listening to the discussions and the banter can be a great source of information, including such advice as 'Don't do what that barmy bu**er did, and forget to switch off the power ...' type of critique!

Good company, lots of advice and help if needed, lots of banter, and plenty of coffee and stronger libations ... One tip; have plenty of £1 & £2 coins, there's always something being sold off in aid of the charity supported at each Rally, and the coins are also useful to ensure you don't miss out on the bacon butties ...

And finally, 1] don't bring Helios lightweight Camping Chairs that require the frames to be assembled; and 2]. Don't refer to the Van 'Ski Cupboard' as the 'Broom Cupboard', unless you enjoy having the yellow liquid being extracted from you ... :LOL:(y)

Steve & Elaine [about to take the Helios Chairs in the Broom Cupboard to the Woodside Field Rally]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back