Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
What is a Euromoblie? And is a Fiat Adria really a Fiat Ducatto?
Go easy!

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Eura mobile, German built part of Burstner group, dont know about fiat adria but probably yes,

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Fiat adria......

Fiat is the base vehicle .......... a fiat ducato.

Ducato is about the most widely used base vehicle for many motorhome manufacturers.

Adria mobile is a motorhome manufacturer based in Slovenia......nothing to do with fiat other than using their vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
ahh great, now I am getting somewhere. We are looking at a Fiat Ducato that was built in Slovenia. It is not a Eura mobile.
Please correct me if I am wrong. It is insulated, it has heating and hot water so that would make it winterized?
It is a 2001 2.8 diesel TDI with 171,000 on the clock. Had a full service at 164,000. It is in good condition with no smell or sign of damp anywhere. No signs of obvious rust and the engine is clean as a whistle. Everything works, drives lovely. The owner and family are big in to motorbike racing, They bought it in 2006. Reasons for selling Father has been out of work for year and a half, cant afford to run it anymore.
Price is 15,000 Euros, is there anything else we should know about it?

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have an Adria on a Fiat base, although it has eating and insulated it might not be winterised. Winterised normally means the pipes and water tanks are all Insulated or inside. All vans will be insulated to a certain degree but not all are winterised.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Thanks Lorger, I believe the water tanks are on the inside but must double check now that you have said that.
Also wanted to add the it has a MOT till July 2015.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We have a winterised Adria & are very happy with it.
If genuine yours sounds like a bargain.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Had two Adria caravans in the past, both had onboard water and pipes running mainly inside- except for the waste pipe that did go straight out (no waste tank in most caravans. Our two caravans were extremely good and very reliable. I have looked at Adria motorhomes and do like the look of them too. Good luck with your hunting

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, we've recently bought an Adria Vision but on a renault base.

We were told by dealers when we were looking that a motorhome is classed as winterised if it has a double floor and onboard tanks. The double floor gives masses of storage.

Very happy with ours.:)

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Hi,
We just recently bought our Adria Adriatik, its a 1999 model 2.8 idtd diesel. It has only 57k miles and drives great....it is based on Fiat Ducato chassis. We bought it privately for 9k Euro....best of luck with your Adria!
1391530_398109533649622_348911512_n.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Thanks everyone for your replies, we have bought it and are very happy with it so far.

Irishrover that looks just like the one we bought!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi, we've recently bought an Adria Vision but on a renault base.

We were told by dealers when we were looking that a motorhome is classed as winterised if it has a double floor and onboard tanks. The double floor gives masses of storage.

Very happy with ours.:)
How do you know if the floor if it has a double floor?

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It literally has 2 floors with a gap of about 20cm between them, helps with insulation and can be used as storage.

You normally can access by an inspection hatch inside and/or doors inbuilt into the skirting around the bottom of the mh.

Obviously this makes the mh taller, ours is 2.96m. I'm not sure if this is just on the A class types, we only ever looked at these types.:)

Sorry - just read the rest of the posts......

Congratulations, wishing you many happy years of travelling.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Haloze

Haloze

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Just a little update. We left Slovenia last year and traveled down the Adriatic through Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania and into Greece for four months and loved it. The Van drove like a dream and started first time every time. Traveled home more or less the same route. Parked it up for most of the summer, with just short trips here and there. We had to change the main battery on our last trip to Venice. We would like to change models as we don't feel the design is suitable for dogs. Slightly afraid of doing so as I think we had a lot of luck when buying this and got a real bargain. I would really love a FWD as I love to get to those out of the way places.
Anyway, happy traveling everyone :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back