Newbie picking up tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi seamus62 , Big Welcome from Cornwall , I suggest you pay your subsciption to the club as you only get 5 posts to ask anything as a free member , after 5 you become a read only , you will find as a beginner you will get the best & most advice & help on this website.
You don't say where you are from . ENJOY !!! your new motorhome,
Terry

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Hello Seamus, welcome from us too. We picked our first MH up on Monday, a Chausson Flash 530, so getting to grips with it. Enjoy 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Well seamus did you get it was the handover ok?
All went well with the handover and the short drive home. Stroke of luck in that there was an independent tracker/immobiliser fitter working on a van at the dealership so was able to arrange some additional security fitting. Wife. is now going mad on Amazon buying crockery, cutlery and a mass of other stuff. One minor issue in that the reversing camera doesn't seem to work (ie no picture when engage reverse gear but reversing light does work ok) so hopefully a call to the dealer in the morning should resolve.

By the way someone on the thread asked where we were from - we're Hampshire based.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
So glad you got the new motorhome without any problems ( other than the camera ) . Also glad the dealer is local so you get back and sort it out 👍🏻. Nice one for joining the forum , it’s well worth the money .

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
It is very steep learning curve. Your first priority is to fit lots anti theft devices. Ford's are by far the most stolen motorhome.
Does that apply to the new Fords as well ? I was under the impression it was the older models that suffered . One would hope Ford would have addressed the problem ? 👍🏻

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Does that apply to the new Fords as well ? I was under the impression it was the older models that suffered . One would hope Ford would have addressed the problem ? 👍🏻

I would hope so but it seems they can now nick new Fiat's just as easily without the keys. It's always been tranny's that seems to be the most attractive motorhome or not.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I would hope so but it seems they can now nick new Fiat's just as easily without the keys. It's always been tranny's that seems to be the most attractive motorhome or not.
I forgot about the new technology lol. It sounds like the criminals can take things more easily these days with good technology to help them . I agree with you that extra security is always a good idea 👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back