Newbie on here, but longtime campervanner (1 Viewer)

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Hi guys, I think I found you from another group, I can't remember now but thought I'd introduce ourselves

We've been campervanning for quite a few years now, had a VW T25 for years that we've toured all over the UK in.

It started off as a standard hi-spec petrol flat four minibus and ended up as a tdi powered, off-road spec'd adventure van, with 250watt solar system and almost everything we needed

Until mid last year we really started looking at ducato pvc's, the idea being to see what was out there now, so when I take early retirement, we knew what 3 year old van we liked, so we'd just have to find the "one"

Long story short, a 6 meter IH Tio R came up for the sale of localish to us and we both thought it was perfect for us, 2 berth rear lounge, front swivels, 160bhp 3.0L and in great condition

Having purchased that we've continued our fun in the UK, with bookings this year for Harrogate later this month, Peterborough next, hot rod beach racing at Bridlington in may, Dragstalgia at santa Pod July, great Yorkshire show the week after, to name but a few plus various trips to CMC sites thought out the year, Roundtree Park being one of our favourite's

I'm certainly enjoying the content of the posts here, rather more input on this forum than some of the others I'm on, and look forward to joining in the discussions, meeting some of you in person and generally having fun

Thank you for having such a great community here ?

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Bobby gg, & Welcome from down south in Cornwall , ENJOY your new too you camper & happy travels.
Terry & Ann
Thanks Terry, we toured your neck of the woods 2 years ago, stopped at Tintagel cmc site, toured the area including the Minack theatre and did the weekend at the great dorset steam fair for the 50th anniversary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We have only just moved here ( 6 months ago) previously lived on the Isle of Wight, Quite envious of your trip to Dorset steam fair , always wanted to go , but we usually go to France for September .

OP
OP
B

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
A warm :welcomesign: to the fun and a nice Northumberland flag you were flying there. :wink:

Thanks

You'll be amazed how many people don't know what it is

And, just to confuse them even more we've now got a Northumbria flag!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks

You'll be amazed how many people don't know what it is

And, just to confuse them even more we've now got a Northumbria flag!
The first time l saw that image of a flag was many years ago when Brendan Foster started a sports business and it was the logo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back