Newbie off to look at our Bessacarr e799. (1 Viewer)

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Hi everyone. We have towed for years. 2 kids and a Spoodle. We have had enough of towing and want to be able to 'pop off' for weekends without the fuss. Today, we are having a proper look around our Bessacarr e799. Went looking to upgrade the caravan and ended up putting a deposit on the Bessie!!! We fell in love! Any of you guys changed to motor home? Would also love a heads up for faults/problems with them?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:There are many Funsters who have changed and are very happy they have . Good luck with your new MH . Join here and you will have loads of help advice and banter at your fingertips !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
:HelloThere::pink:

We switched in 2014 to a motorhome from a caravan. Best decision we ever made :)

Dont know about the van you are looking at but check everything out and dont be rushed. Enjoy your new holiday accessory, this is what my neighbour calls ours :)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We bought our 1st M back in july and its a 2007 Bessacarr E560 , and must say we love it so far :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley2.gif

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
We switched from a caravan to a Bessacarr E795 in 2007 (not quite sure what the difference is with a E799) and have had (dare I say it) 9 years of trouble free touring and comfortable hols. Wouldn't swop it for anything. Just had the usual oil filter thingy problem with the engine and a flat battery - nothing else really - now know I am tempting providence :( We get a lot of entertainment arriving on site and watching caravanners spending hours putting up awnings, fetching watching water etc. - sure you won't regret it. One confession is that up to last year we are still discovering things on it that we ever knew we had!

OP
OP
Golygfor

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
Hi Landscaper. I have no idea what the difference is either?! Pleased to hear you have no regrets. I always wanted an island bed, taken 9 odd years to get there and have now gone with the rear lounge for social use (and all the kids can be at one end!) 2 singles or make the bed. Trade off for simplicity of getting from A to B.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
View attachment 126932 Here she is. Hoping to pick it up next weekend. They have thrown in a 4 bike rack.
Hi Landscaper. I have no idea what the difference is either?! Pleased to hear you have no regrets. I always wanted an island bed, taken 9 odd years to get there and have now gone with the rear lounge for social use (and all the kids can be at one end!) 2 singles or make the bed. Trade off for simplicity of getting from A to B.
Yup looks good and just like ours only we have sprayed our bonnet navy blue! We like the layout of the rear lounge - which is similar to the caravan layout we had. We like to sit comfortably in the evenings and use it for 60 - 65 nights a year - we are in our late 60s and up until now! Have no problem quickly making up the very large and comfortable bed each night. We find the over cab bed a bid claustrophobic and put the grand children up there if they are staying with us. Just a couple of things:
We moved the thermostat from above the habitation door as it was stopping the heating working too quickly - had it moved down towards the floor.
It was about three years before we realised that their was a habitation heater under the driver's seat for use whilst driving - we had three years of cold journeys in the winter - now not a problem.
We do not have a tv or we would have realised - asked the guy who does our MH check each year to please put a 12v point in so we could charge phones, iPads, etc. He told us we already had one inverted in the square box where the tv should go! We felt rather stupid!
I would advise investing in some wing mirror covers. There is lots of information on them on this site. For some reason drivers approaching just do not see the black wing mirrors - after fitting them we were given a much wider berth!
Enjoy and would be happy to help with any other queries.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Just noticed the difference - you have a double back axle - we don't!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:HelloThere:
From us in East Sussex and
:welcome3:
We gave up tugging 4 years ago after dragging a caravan around for 20 years. I just wish we had don it much earlier.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
It was about three years before we realised that their was a habitation heater under the driver's seat for use whilst driving - we had three years of cold journeys in the winter - now not a problem.
I have a heater under the drivers seat as well in our E560 . what is that for ? to heat the drivers seat area while driving ? or what

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
I have a heater under the drivers seat as well in our E560 . what is that for ? to heat the drivers seat area while driving ? or what
WE found travelling in our E795 quite chilly before we discovered the heater under the driver's seat which blows heat back into the habitation area. Our backs were always cold before we discovered this heater - works with quite a strong fan and we are no longer cold.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
ahh sweet , we still have to go away in ours when its "cold" so it will soon be getting used , lol

OP
OP
Golygfor

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
I don't think we have a heater under the front seat but will definitely have a look when we pick it up! Thanks for the tip. Usual story of 'where did all this stuff come from' when we emptied the van on Sunday?! End of an era, on to the next. It's only Monday! How slow time moves when you feel like Christmas ! Our first night will Probably be spent on the drive of a family member the day we pick her up with an evening of 'open motor home' and celebrating :drinks:

OP
OP
Golygfor

Golygfor

Free Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Ex tower now converted
We are now paid up members, I mean funsters! :dance2:Thank you for the welcome and Love the threads on here.::bigsmile: (I'm sure I'll calm down with the emojis!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back