Newbie NEEDS HELP Please Autotrail Apache 634U (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634U
First off thanks for the add and HELLO ALL,

Anyway, I bought an Autotrail Apache 634U (2007) about 10 days ago and have been giving it a good old stripdown and clean. Going for our first weekender this Friday so I was looking for the fresh water tank and can`t seem to find it even from going under the MH nor can I find the inspection lid to add cleaner / sanitizer to the Tank for a Flush Out. Can anyone help me with this problem please from a Total Newbie LOL
Thanks

Sean

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The tank will be mounted under the vans floor between the chassis and often covered in some insulation plus a plastic cover.
They tend NOT to have an inspection lid.
Be careful which cleaner you use !! Milton is NOT recommended as it can damage the stainless in the boiler.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi welcome. 👍
I don't know your layout. But,
It may.be under one of the bench seats.
If there is no inspection hatch you could put any cleaning fluid in through the filler cap.
Just may sure it's not corrosive to the boiler.
For drinking water we use an in line filter just for the kitchen tap. Or some use bottled water.
If you do use a cleaner make sure 9is fully flushed out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
The tank is amidships close to the rear axle. There is no inspection hatch.

Waste tank cleaner dosage per capacity down through the plug holes. then fill the waste tank using fresh water from your tank. Go for drive to slosh it about then empty on your driveway via the grey tap on the offside of the van.

You won't have direct access to your fresh tank either so you'll need to add the fresh tank cleaner through the outside filler point. Run through the taps, toilet & boiler, empty the remainder via the blue offside tap and boiler dump and of course whatever has filled into your waste tank.

Flush through the fresh tank, toilet, taps & boiler.

Job done.

Same as what we had on our Tracker EKS.

OP
OP
S
May 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634U
Thank you to everyone for their advice. I have purchased Puriclean Tabs which I was going to drop into the tank but looks like that isn`t possible with no access. Can I dissolve the tabs in water and then add it through the water fill point on MH?

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you to everyone for their advice. I have purchased Puriclean Tabs which I was going to drop into the tank but looks like that isn`t possible with no access. Can I dissolve the tabs in water and then add it through the water fill point on MH?
Should be able to. We use Elsan's fresh tank cleaner and their grey water tank fresh and then add around 10ml of Elsil to the fresh water.

For info...
Autotrail have copies of the 2007 brochure on their website: https://www.auto-trail.co.uk/brochures

... and the 2007 handbook is here if you need it: https://www.auto-trail.co.uk/handbooks

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Milton is dilute sodium hypochlorite. Despite the myths, it will not corrode stainless steel.

You would need strong hypochlorite for many weeks or months to do any harm

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Hi and welcome to the fun , a must accessory for your MoHo

Illustration Reaction GIF by Kochstrasse™ .agency

Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 500
Hi and welcome from a fellow newbie. These people are very generous with their hard earned knowledge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back