GaryAnge

Free Member
Aug 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Wannabe
Hi my name is Angela and my husband and I are hoping to winter abroad in a motorhome we have yet to buy. We will be taking a Labrador and a terrier with us and would like advice on what size motorhome to look at, we were thinking of a Hymer 544, however we think we should get one with a storage area thT the dogs could overnight in ...... Any advice gladly welcomed

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
hi and welcome, i think the only storage area big enough for putting 2 dogs in overnight would be the garage locker and if your going to do that where are you going to put all the stuff you take out ? i think you will find that dogs will always find a sleeping area that suits them . in our labradoors case, its usually ontop of me !!

OP
OP
GaryAnge

GaryAnge

Free Member
Aug 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Wannabe
If it were up to me that is where the dogs would be but hubby has different ideas!! We are about to start our motorhome hunt this next week ..... In the end the layout will probably win the argument and I will make a removable cover for wherever the dogs choose to lie(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
yes layout is the main factor when choosing any motorhome in my opinion . when first starting out you imagine you will need one set up then after a couple of trips [especially rainy ones ]you realise you need a totally different one . a nightmare if you have just bought brand new ! i notice from your original post, you mention a hymer 544 and as this is a Aclass then if you are prepared to use the pull down double bed then you would have the whole of the floor left for overnight dog beds etc . i have a 534 with a rear lounge and this suits us perfect, no matter what the weather throws at us . good luck in your search and if your not sure of something ask away. regards garry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back