Newbie ..looking (1 Viewer)

Feb 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
very soon
Exp
Hi all looking to buy our 1st M/H ..very soon ...hope to be about lots and asking you all the questions

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Welcome!
Layout,payload,layout,payload,layout,payload,layout,payload,layout,payload,layout,payload.

Oh,by the way,did I mention layout and payload?:D:rolleyes:

It is said that most buyers end up keeping their third van,having sold the first two as they wanted a different layout.

Payload is important as you don’t want to be overweight,and the dealers won’t tell you anything about it,the only way to check is go to a weighbridge. Lots of threads on here about it.

Good luck in your search.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Payload and layout are important.
Do not think that 400kgs of payload sounds like plenty if buying from a dealer. That will be closer to 20kgs.
Read up on payload on here where you will get some horrendous truths. Insist on it being weighed, or make sure you have the C1 licence (Pre 97 for passing your test) and by one off someone who made the mistake of not checking payload and save a fortune.
Layout.......never ending conversation.

I think diesel/petrol is now becoming a decision as petrol is making the green comeback atm. I think if i were buying brand new now I would be tempted to buy petrol with a underslung LPG tank.

Whatever you decide, enjoy, and remember about the payload.

You only get 5 posts before you have to pay your 15 quid for the year. You will save that 15 quid several times over in a year.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hello and Welcome to the fun forum. Excellent advice from Podney. don't be afraid to ask any questions on here, no matter how daft you might think it is. So much experience at the end of your keyboard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back