Newbie insurance and hints and tips for newbies please (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2021
Knottingley, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam TLine 740
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi everyone, we are picking up our first motorhome next week, just looking for some advice regarding insurance, what we should look for and the best company’s to use.
Also as we are complete newbies any other hints and tips are welcome, thanks all 😊

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:WelcomeFlag:

For insurance you will probably have to phone round a few places (also use the search function on here for threads on insurance).

In the past we have used AiB who give funster discount but now have the exact same policy via the Caravan and Motorhome Club and a lot cheaper.

NFU have a good reputation (but haven't used them so no personal recommendation)

Oh, if you also have a car ask for a "mirror" for your NCD and also a new business discount.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Hi and Welcome.

Insurance companies are exactly the same as your car insurance providers, so shop round find what suits your needs and play them off against each other for more competitive prices.

Best bit of advice for a newbie, pay the 15 quid subscription to be a paid member here…….it will be the best 15 quid you spend on your motorhome.

Oh……and the most important bit of advice is ENJOY your MOTORHOME.👍🏼

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Thanks I’ve just subscribed 😊
You won’t regret it…….rest assured whatever your question or problem is, there will be somebody on her that has had the same question or issue, solved it and will be willing to help you.

There’s loads of motorhome boffins on here and one or two more jokers, who I’m sure will be along later.👍🏼

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
A tip I found useful was to take notes in handover [still forgot half of the instructions later ] and try a night on the drive or in a very near overnight camping spot first time so anything forgotten is not a disaster .
And Lists............ - have a list of lists you will need [:LOL::LOL::LOL: I still make these each trip ]
Enjoy xx

OP
OP
J
Jul 13, 2021
Knottingley, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam TLine 740
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thanks for your help everyone, just taken insurance out with Caravan Guard, got a great price and Matthew the advisor was super helpful, that was deffo worth a phone call 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back