Free Member
May 25, 2017
Sweden
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Folks,
After years of borrowing the inlaws campervans in Sweden the Wife and I have decided to buy our own and recently purchased an Adria Twin Platinum in Germany. We picked it up 3 weeks ago after a long flight from Sydney and then drove it straight to Sweden on temporary plates. I was a bit nervous about buying in Germany and exporting to Sweden but everything went remarkably well, we got our Swedish plates yesterday after 3 weeks since application and getting the van inspected by the local authorities etc. We are preparing for a trip 'down south' to hopefully warmer conditions (bit chilly in Sweden today!). This is the first campervan we have owned but rented and borrowed many in Europe, NZ and Oz in the past but must say we are impressed with the Adria so far and just got to get used to the steering wheel being on the wrong side ; )
Anyway I just wanted to say hello and will now spend some time reading other post to assist in our future trips around Europe that we are hoping to do over the coming years.
Cheers
Mark

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome to the forum enjoy your travels, Swedens great for motorhoming, I go a lot but tend to fly as my son lives in Gothenburg.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello and welcome we are currently at Camp Gielas, Arvidsjaur.
Loving your homeland and the people and wildlife it is a bit chilly up here isn't it?
Enjoy your trip south

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome4: to Fun. Enjoy your travels further south but not everywhere enjoys what you have at home, allemansrätt.

OP
OP
W

Wortho

Free Member
May 25, 2017
Sweden
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thank you all for the welcoming replies. I should mention that the weather in Southern Sweden has been lovely for the best part of the 2 weeks I have been here and we even hit 28c a few days ago before the cooler change. I was quite shocked to hear about the drought in Southern Sweden and it has been extremely dry this year it seems and for the first time in 50 odd years the Inlaws have had to shut down their small hydro power station :(
Anyway we will be back in around 6 weeks and hoping to travel further North and into Norway as it's been quite a few years since we have travelled North.
Cheers
Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, we loved Sweden when we spent a few nights driving up the west coast into Norway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back