Newbie here (1 Viewer)

The Cox’s

Free Member
Jun 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Hi all and thanks for letting us join!!! We are the Cox’s and we are just starting our journey into Moho ‘s. We have been doing our research and have just decided the Auto Trail Apache is the one for us...... fingers crossed !! Looking forward to chats, advice, laughter and maybe the odd rant 🤪

OP
OP
T

The Cox’s

Free Member
Jun 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Thanks all, already found a couple of sites we would like to try through this site ! One just down the road and it has fishing !! My dream site..... hubby will be pleased 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Welcome to the forum :cool:

If you're buying a previously loved van then be sure to check that all of its habitation and water ingress services have been conducted in-line with the warranty requirements.

OP
OP
T

The Cox’s

Free Member
Jun 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Welcome to the forum :cool:

If you're buying a previously loved van then be sure to check that all of its habitation and water ingress services have been conducted in-line with the warranty requirements.
Thanks, we have seen the habitation paperwork. There is a fault with the fridge, a warning light and it is the panel ‘ not able to use on gas’ and the engineer says it is the panel. Anyway knocked him down to take into account it might need a new fridge. The water ingress...I take it you mean damp testing I am going back to have another look before I hand over dosh........ like a car....if your not 100% walk away

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks, we have seen the habitation paperwork. There is a fault with the fridge, a warning light and it is the panel ‘ not able to use on gas’ and the engineer says it is the panel. Anyway knocked him down to take into account it might need a new fridge. The water ingress...I take it you mean damp testing I am going back to have another look before I hand over dosh........ like a car....if your not 100% walk away

That's a good idea indeed. The Apache range do suffer from very bad water ingress to the sides and the rear (up to 100% damp readings in some cases) so do make certain that you are fully happy with your purchase before parting with your hard earned cash.

Also, if you intend to buy a 634 or 632 then you'll only get a 150kg payload capacity if it's registered at 3,500KG. This means that you can't really put anything in it, including passengers, if you want to run at 3,500kg.

Any questions - ask away :cool:

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
T

The Cox’s

Free Member
Jun 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
That's a good idea indeed. The Apache range do suffer from very bad water ingress to the sides and the rear (up to 100% damp readings in some cases) so do make certain that you are fully happy with your purchase before parting with your hard earned cash.

Also, if you intend to buy a 634 or 632 then you'll only get a 150kg payload capacity if it's registered at 3,500KG. This means that you can't really put anything in it, including passengers, if you want to run at 3,500kg.

Any questions - ask away :cool:

All the best,

Andrew
Yes it’s the 634 U ☹️ Will check everything again. The owner is an old boy, had from new etc... fingers crossed 🤞 we did like the Swift Bolero 630 PR but this has an overhead double so we could accommodate the grand kids occasionally. But couldn’t find the configuration in the Bolero so went for the Auto Trail.... oh and we didn’t want to go over 8 metres because of getting on sites

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Yes it’s the 634 U ☹️ Will check everything again. The owner is an old boy, had from new etc... fingers crossed 🤞 we did like the Swift Bolero 630 PR but this has an overhead double so we could accommodate the grand kids occasionally. But couldn’t find the configuration in the Bolero so went for the Auto Trail.... oh and we didn’t want to go over 8 metres because of getting on sites

The general rule of thumb with Autotrail is the older the van then the better quality unit you'll receive.

Example: I wouldn't waste my money on a new one (been there, done that) but I would jump at the chance of buying a pre-2005/6 Autotrail as the quality in those days was fabulous.

P.S. Which year are you considering as the older vans have better payload too.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The 634U should be ok payload wise for a couple . More care and consideration of weight would be needed when the grandkids were with you but I think it can be done .

OP
OP
T

The Cox’s

Free Member
Jun 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
The general rule of thumb with Autotrail is the older the van then the better quality unit you'll receive.

Example: I wouldn't waste my money on a new one (been there, done that) but I would jump at the chance of buying a pre-2005/6 Autotrail as the quality in those days was fabulous.

P.S. Which year are you considering as the older vans have better payload too.
It’s a 2013 😔 worth getting a damp meter to check ourselves ?

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
WELCOME!!!
Interesting to note you suffer from insomnia too - judging by your time of posting.....welcome to that particular club too😴

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
It’s a 2013 😔 worth getting a damp meter to check ourselves ?

May I ask when the last water ingress inspection was conducted by the current owner and does he/she have any supporting paperwork etc. Also, can you recall the actual damp readings annotated on the paperwork, no matter how small in value?

All the best,

Andrew

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from the sunny Cotswolds!:cool:(y)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun