Newbie full of trepidation. (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2018
Snowdonia
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi. I posted an enquiry regarding old manuals last month and have since downloaded the info I required.
My first venture, or should I say adventure, as it was full of things that went wrong, three days of terror on my own with the two dogs!! Most due to my lack of knowledge and ending up in a field on my own with nobody near to ask!! I realise now that I should have tried the camper out on the drive before going but ce la vie!!!
Not going to let it put me off -- going away again in a few weeks but more prepared. -- only going an hour away, take less stuff and make sure I am near civilisation!! At least until I am confident in what I am doing!!
It was'nt all traumatic -- I was invited to a party on the site and I was never left on my own, it was the first time I had been out at night on my own in 27 years so it was a big deal for me and the biggest thing I will take from those three days is, not the set backs, but the reality of what lovely people you meet along the way!!
Roll on the next trip.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Well done! Sometimes you find yourself stronger than you thought. Get out and enjoy life. Welcome to the fun.

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Well done on taking such a big step and I'm so glad it hasn't put you off. I suspect many of us groan when we think about our first trips away. There just seems to be sooo much to remember. But it does gradually become easier and most mistakes can be remedied.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

I think we have all have been full of trepidation with our first motorhome. I know we were and we departed for Crete with 2 dogs within a few weeks of getting ours. The saying 'Every day is a school day' epitomises motorhome owning. Good luck for the future and well done you!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mally, and welcome to the Fun yy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
You were full of trepidation,that’s unusual......most of them on here are full of red wine,beer or Fray Bentos meat pies.
Enjoy! :D:LOL:;);)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
:pink: Here’s to many more adventures.....but filled with excitement!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I'm sure we all have a tale of our first trip. something we all look back on and laugh.:clap2:
Any way welcome to MHF, you'll never be alone again :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi and welcome.
Your so lucky to live in Snowdonia, if I lived there I'd probably never leave to see anywhere else !
Good luck for your next trip (y)
Lots of helpful people on here if you need to ask questions

OP
OP
mallyk9
Sep 19, 2018
Snowdonia
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi. Thanks for all your lovely messages, much appreciated. It makes me think that I have made the right decision to get myself out to see more of our beautiful country and the beautiful people in it!!
Decided to just go as far as Anglesey in a few weeks and Rhosneigr looks inviting. I know it is the end of the season but are there still some of you hardened travellers still about at that time of year or am I likely to be on my own in a field again??
I had been looking for a vehicle for three months and missed all the lovely weather we had but hopefully will make up for it next year.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. One thing I would suggest is to make sure anywhere you are going at this time of year is open. Many don't out of season. You just need to check which ones are.

Wyn

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Welcome and good luck for the future and all the adventures