Newbie from West Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Hi everyone - been lurking for a bit and really enjoyed reading so many posts. A great forum and everyone so helpful and prepared to share their experience.

We have been motorhoming since 2004, previously with 2 Autotrails (Cheyenne 630LB/Tracker EKS) and now just about to take delivery of a Hymer Exsis t 588, with lots of mods to look forward to (thanks Lenny HB).

My hobbies are mountainbiking in the Dales and Lakes and motorcycling, whilst Caroline loves Crown Green bowling. Just been reading about Norton Commandos so will post a reply on that thread soon. Looking forward to taking the new van to Corsica and Sardinia in September, towing my Transalp. If anyone has done that and had experience of booking ferries between islands and back to the mainland whilst actually away I would be interested to hear how the booking, and particularly payment process went.

Roger

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Hi Roger and welcome! We are currently in Sicily having initially taken the ferry from Barcelona to Sardinia then onwards to here. The ferry process is very easy, I use apps to book them, Aferry and Directferries to be precise without any problems. I pay by credit card, had no problems in five years, you could also try the ferry websites for offers as well but I have found that the apps normally reflect the carrier's prices. Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
Roger20
Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the welcome everyone - need to get a profile picture!

SMB - thanks as well. I later realised that it would have been better to post the ferry question under travel which often helps others later when searching for similar answers. Could you possibly look at my new post under France "Corsica & Sardinia - how to book ferries whilst on the islands" and see whether there is anything you could add.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Roger20
Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Roger and welcome! We are currently in Sicily having initially taken the ferry from Barcelona to Sardinia then onwards to here. The ferry process is very easy, I use apps to book them, Aferry and Directferries to be precise without any problems. I pay by credit card, had no problems in five years, you could also try the ferry websites for offers as well but I have found that the apps normally reflect the carrier's prices. Hope this helps :)

Hi @SMB. Hope your travels are going well and thanks for your last message.
We are setting off from Hull on 8th August and then hoping to go Livorno to Bastia 4/5 days later but not booking a crossing until we get to Italy. I had registered on corsicaferries.co.uk and also looked at directferries.co.uk. This will be the first time we have booked crossings whilst not in the UK and my initial concern was security paying by credit card and entering passwords whilst abroad. I have got TunnelBear VPN on the phone and that seems to work OK - do you use a VPN? I assume that using aferry and directferries you think there is no advantage using corsicaferries? Having booked and paid using say directferries, if you don't have a printer how do you present your booking when when turning up at the ferry port? Is it just like say Dover/Calais where your vehicle registration and passport is linked to the booking?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back