Newbie from the Isle of Wight (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
20210717_150910.JPG

Hello everyone
Were Kim and Ivan from Brading on the Isle Of Wight.
Currently on holiday in Somerset in our moho with our 2 dogs.Last week we were at the Red Kite touring park in Powys Wales.This was a stunning site.
We are both retired mental health nurses.
We've been motorhoming for 2 years and previous to this I owned a beautiful 1973 Bay vw campervan.
Were looking forward to new adventures.x

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Welcome!
We are due to visit the Isle of Wight albeit only for the day. Do you have any tips for which towns/villages are worth seeing?
Hope you enjoy your travels and post lots of photos on MH Fun

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Kim & Ivan Sadie2
Welcome from an ex islander now living in Cornwall, born and bred Carisbrooke ,
You may well be neéed on this website , as your medical knowledge and expertise , as some of us on here can at times fit in too that catagory
Enjoy your motorhome travels .
Terry & Ann

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
1628757990640.png
from another Island based member (now a tugger so you might want to ignore me!!)

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
We were in the Isle of Wight last month, lovely place, we visited the Hungry Bear restaurant in Brading (in the old wax works) which was amazing.

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
Welcome!
We are due to visit the Isle of Wight albeit only for the day. Do you have any tips for which towns/villages are worth seeing?
Good morning
There is just so much to see here on the island.
West wight is slightly quieter and the drive along the military road towards Alum Bay is magnificent with plenty of places to stop and take in the fabulous views.
One of our favourite places is Newtown creek near Yarmouth,a lovely flat walk,lots of wildlife and the views are again fab.
Culver cliff at Yaverland is great,nice picnic area at the top with views across Sandown bay on the right and Bembridge and White cliff bay on the left.The pub at the top does great food.
Shanklin old village is very picturesque with lots of places to eat.
Fort Victoria near Yarmouth is another great place.
Woodland park with fortress remains housing a seasonal aquarium, planetarium and model railway.Car parking is free.
The walk from here to the pretty Colwell bay is nice.
Ryde beach is gorgeous and the town itself is great with lots of independent shops.You can walk along the promenade through Puckpool park to Seaview taking in the fab views across the Solent.Two lovely cafes along the route is a nice pit stop.
The list is endless,have a great day
Let me know what you did.x
Welcome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Good morning
There is just so much to see here on the island.
West wight is slightly quieter and the drive along the military road towards Alum Bay is magnificent with plenty of places to stop and take in the fabulous views.
One of our favourite places is Newtown creek near Yarmouth,a lovely flat walk,lots of wildlife and the views are again fab.
Culver cliff at Yaverland is great,nice picnic area at the top with views across Sandown bay on the right and Bembridge and White cliff bay on the left.The pub at the top does great food.
Woodland park with fortress remains housing a seasonal aquarium, planetarium and model railway.Car parking is free.
Ryde beach is gorgeous and the town itself is great with lots of independent shops.You can walk along the promenade through Puckpool park to Seaview taking in the fab views across the Solent.Two lovely cafes along the route is a nice pit stop.
The list is endless,have a great day
Let me know what you did.x
I can’t argue with any of that, we did most of it and loved everywhere but I’d also add Cowes (west I think) is lovely and if a tipple is enjoyed then the Isle Of Wight Distillery near St Helen’s is a must (we had a bit more than a tipple, more of a gurgle). Ventnor is also lovely….in fact just about everywhere in IoW is lovely.

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
I can’t argue with any of that, we did most of it and loved everywhere but I’d also add Cowes (west I think) is lovely and if a tipple is enjoyed then the Isle Of Wight Distillery near St Helen’s is a must (we had a bit more than a tipple, more of a gurgle). Ventnor is also lovely….in fact just about everywhere in IoW is lovely.
Yes sorry, Ventnor another fav of ours especially the coastal walk to the botanical gardens and steep hill cove.
St Catherine's lighthouse at St Lawrence lovely for walks and stunning views too.
The list is endless.x

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
We agree so much too visit & see Sadie2
( As you say , There is just so much to see here on the island.
Ryde beach is gorgeous and the town itself is great with lots of independent shops.You can walk along the promenade through Puckpool park to Seaview taking in the fab views across the Solent.Two lovely cafes along the route is a nice pit stop.)

We love all of those , plus Brighstone forest & downs , Rocken end , the warren at Totland , Tennyson downs over to the Needles battery , Yarmouth station cafe & walk back to Freshwater along river bank.

We use to visit Newtown creek most weeks with our dog (one of our favourites), also the other side by the pub in Shalfleet down the quay.

One beauty of living on the island was knowing the special 5 van sites (rural)
Pickpockets at Newtown , nice walks to creek
Golf house at freshwater bay ,lovely veiws over to Yarmouth & mainland
Paradise cottage chale
Thorncross Farm Brighstone , nice walks to the cliffs

miss the island , but missed the grandchildren more , hence the move to Cornwall

I used to help with Green Gym IW , conservation group , great bunch of people to work with , and unusual places to work

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
View attachment 526174
Hello everyone
Were Kim and Ivan from Brading on the Isle Of Wight.
Currently on holiday in Somerset in our moho with our 2 dogs.Last week we were at the Red Kite touring park in Powys Wales.This was a stunning site.
We are both retired mental health nurses.
We've been motorhoming for 2 years and previous to this I owned a beautiful 1973 Bay vw campervan.
Were looking forward to new adventures.x

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Hi Sadie2 - from another ex-pat caulkhead now living near Hastings. I used to live at Thornton Cross (between Ryde & Seaview).
Have fun!
Bill

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Hi welcome from another Newbie Linda and Paul from Surrey. Never been to the Isle of white, but planning a trip there soon.

OP
OP
Sadie2
Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
We agree so much too visit & see Sadie2
( As you say , There is just so much to see here on the island.
Ryde beach is gorgeous and the town itself is great with lots of independent shops.You can walk along the promenade through Puckpool park to Seaview taking in the fab views across the Solent.Two lovely cafes along the route is a nice pit stop.)

We love all of those , plus Brighstone forest & downs , Rocken end , the warren at Totland , Tennyson downs over to the Needles battery , Yarmouth station cafe & walk back to Freshwater along river bank.

We use to visit Newtown creek most weeks with our dog (one of our favourites), also the other side by the pub in Shalfleet down the quay.

One beauty of living on the island was knowing the special 5 van sites (rural)
Pickpockets at Newtown , nice walks to creek
Golf house at freshwater bay ,lovely veiws over to Yarmouth & mainland
Paradise cottage chale
Thorncross Farm Brighstone , nice walks to the cliffs

miss the island , but missed the grandchildren more , hence the move to Cornwall

I used to help with Green Gym IW , conservation group , great bunch of people to work with , and unusual places to work
We do take the island for granted.
Were very spoilt with so many beautiful places here.
Do you like Cornwall?
I should imagine it's very busy,much like the island is.
Were booked to stay at Thorncross farm from the 26th of this month for my birthday 🎂🎉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back