Free Member
May 22, 2016
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ford Herald Squire 400 RL
Exp
Morning all,
Thanks for letting me join the group. Just bought a year 2000 (mk 5 I think, smiley face) Transit based motorhome (Ford Herald Squire) 2.5 turbo diesel with only 33000 on the clock. I really does drive like its new. There is no wear on any of the pedals, steering wheel or gear lever. It has small bits of rust on the front wheel arches and a few bits of surface rust on the sills which I will sort over the summer. I have also noticed a very small coolant leak from the thermostat which will be fixed this week. Apart from this she runs perfect, does 24-29 mpg dragging 3.3 tons about!! albeit sedately. A few questions, what engine will this be and what power output? should I blank of the EGR? also what do I need to look out for with this model? any tips or hints would be greatly accepted.
Cheers, Colin.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
, @delticol, and a warm welcome from us. Sorry but we can't help with your queries as we're not tech-minded. Might be better if you paid to join (£15 per year - absolute bargain IMHO) and put your questions in the Tech/Mech General section as some of the guys that could help you don't always read the 'Introduce Yourself' threads.

Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
:HelloThere:& :pink: . . . Yes, blanking the E.G.R.V. is one of the kindest things you can do for your engine & will extend it's life :):)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Welcome from just across the border - although Northumberland is a huge county!

You get a few fee posts before you need to join but the cost is worth every penny - not just because of the discounts, meets and advice but mostly because of the kindness and friendship of the members.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back