Newbie from Hampshire - Hobby 750 anyone? (1 Viewer)

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
Hi there,

We have just joined the club. We haven't yet got a motor-home, but are looking to purchase one very soon.
Up until now our motorhome experience has been travelling all over Europe in a VW type 2 pop-top camper with our 2 small children (youngest 3 months), which we loved. But as we are now older and the kids have flown the nest we are looking for something more comfortable.

We are seriously looking at the Hobby 750, but it seems that they are all up north...llol

Is there anyone within striking distance of Hampshire, that we could take a look at to see if it suits our needs?

Any other info about the Hobby 750 will be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Margit & Kelso

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi and welcome to the forum. We are also relatively newbies around here though not that new to motorhoming and love the warmth shown by the Funsters. Sorry can't help with the Hobby enquiry, we have an Autocruise....and live just up the road from you in Basingstoke:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi and welcome to the Fun! :welcome:

I've got a 750 but it's the later Toskana version - not sure if that's what you're after. If it is, I'm currently at Kidderminster. :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I presume that`s the older 750 tag axle.. ?

We had a new 750 FMS.. back in 2004, imported it ourselves from Belgium...

Cracking motorhome and typical German quality.... did thousands of miles home and abroad... The only fault we had was a faulty (LHD) drivers electric window motor...

Some reasonable mileage`d and priced ones out there.. :thumb:

Right price and right condition.... worth travelling a few miles to view.. :thumb:

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I would think it would be perfect for you, it was my first choice, but we couldnt find one anywhere near us and ended up getting our Autosleeper, which is a good ( albeit dearer ) second choice.
As long as you are happy with the length, they are almost 8 metres long and will restrict you sometimes. When we couldnt find a Hobby, we looked at vans well under 8 metres so it would fit on the driveway and still allow access to the garage.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Margit & Kelso,

Why not come along to East Sussex and have a look at what I can offer, no Hobbies but a good selection of vans for two people

Good Luck

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back