Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Hi everyone
We've moved from boats to MH, and bought a huge white elephant cunningly disguised as a new Compass Avantgarde 196 built on the ubiquitous 3.5t Peugeot Boxer chassis. Had a couple of short trips already in between lockdowns, but looking forward to when we might be able to go further afield.

The van is a mix of contrasts ranging from good (overall design, trim, seats, cupboards, Peugeot chassis, appliances) to dreadful (wiring, general finish, squeaks, rattles and groans). Some parts are laughably poor, resembling a 1970's speedboat. I suspect many owners are blissfully unaware which is how they get away with it. I get the impression MH dealers are generally poor to atrocious, with 'take it or leave it' attitudes common. Certainly my buying experience left lots to be desired. Now working on adding missing or extra equipment and fixing basic faults in finish.

Great site by the way, looking forward to motor homing once the spectre of COVID lifts...whenever that is.

Best to everyone.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome from another ex yachtie (sold our boat last year). Seems a route more sailors are taking - at least four in our sailing club now have mohos.

OP
OP
Wannabee

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
Thanks for the welcome. Lots of ex Windermere yachties are moving to Moho's it seems...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Welcome from Halifax! (HX2) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent