Free Member
Jul 13, 2021
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 640
Exp
Hi all,
Very much a newbie to campers and motor homes, just put a deposit down on a new Globecar van and hope to collect it in the next month or so. Not entirely a newbie to camping after years small tents in the seventies, small caravans back in the eighties and 20 years of trailer tents, still have a combi camp trailer tent which i really enjoy. After a couple of years researching what kind of van we wanted , attending camping and caravan shows, eventually discounting our initial choice of T5/6's as too small with not enough creature comforts for us at our age and eventually hiring a swift campervan last November for a week and a half to do our first trip round the NC500 (we did just over a 1000??) we have finally taken the plunge.
Been watching and reading posts on the site for the past week and finding some very interesting threads on things like reviews, insurance, camp sites, charging systems, wild camping and accessories, i think it will be good to keep in touch with others on here going forward.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sun Whatsapp Status GIF by good-morning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi all,
Very much a newbie to campers and motor homes, just put a deposit down on a new Globecar van and hope to collect it in the next month...

Welcome from a fellow Globecar owner.

Why not check out our FUN Globecar section on the forum which should be informative to a new owner.

All the best,

Andrew

Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all,
Very much a newbie to campers and motor homes, just put a deposit down on a new Globecar van and hope to collect it in the next month or so. Not entirely a newbie to camping after years small tents in the seventies, small caravans back in the eighties and 20 years of trailer tents, still have a combi camp trailer tent which i really enjoy. After a couple of years researching what kind of van we wanted , attending camping and caravan shows, eventually discounting our initial choice of T5/6's as too small with not enough creature comforts for us at our age and eventually hiring a swift campervan last November for a week and a half to do our first trip round the NC500 (we did just over a 1000??) we have finally taken the plunge.
Been watching and reading posts on the site for the past week and finding some very interesting threads on things like reviews, insurance, camp sites, charging systems, wild camping and accessories, i think it will be good to keep in touch with others on here going forward.
Hi
Picked up our 540 summit prime a couple of weeks ago. First trip to Sandringham last week and so far absolutely delighted with it. Everything worked well and having previously had a T6 we loved the fixed bed, the extra height, and the shower and hot water. Hope you enjoy yours when you pick it up 😄😄

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Came saw left
Shame though as hoped to hear more from them.
Have they got the MH and hit the road???

Mr Drizz

Free Member
Aug 14, 2021
Liverpool, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Dispatch.
Exp
2018 but still a newbie.
Welcome fellow newbie. I think you'll be alright here, these a good people.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all,
You have made an excellent choice as this is place for you to enjoy your new acquisition and to learn the ins and outs of camping and motor homing. since 2017/8 I have learnt a lot from those who have motrohomed for far longer than I although I was a 40+years tugger. Read as as much as you can and realise that we are generally a friendly bunch ready to help no matter what the issue. There is always someone who has been where you have.

mosss45

Free Member
Sep 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Qw34@dftffQYUO
Hi:hi:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!