Newbie Brightonboyz off on their big adventures (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo EK
Exp
Weā€™re a couple of newbies šŸ˜Š
Hi all - am so glad we found you - looks like an amazing support network :giggle:
We are Dave and Ralph - I'm about to chuck in my job and Dave is retiring on health grounds
Feeling combination of excitement and huge nerves having just bought our first motorhome
Not sure of the name yet......oscillating between Prescilla Queen of Sussex or Gladys in honour of Dave's dad - any thoughts welcome !!
We are looking forward to many adventures and stories to tell plus meeting some of you on the road
Will keep you posted and ...... please be patient with our many many questions :frowny:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Welcome to the Fun! If you're looking for naming tips or suggestions, are you averse to something alliterative with the make of Van? Ours is a German Van, and Elaine decided from the off that it could only ever be Brunhilde ... Must admit that it suits the Burstner well!

Steve & Elaine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Welcome to the forum, you've got big changes ahead, hope you have some great times & you're starting in the right way - naming your van! :laughing: I changed the name of mine after I had her a little while & her character was more obvious, might be worth waiting till you've had a couple of trips & I'm sure she'll tell you which name she prefers:giggle:

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
My first thought were priscilla queen of sussex(cos i went to see the show with jason donovan )and loved it
but Gladys is a great name, especially if its on honour of your dad, so id vote for gladysšŸ¤—

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
il_794xN.1833392531_phec.jpg

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Brilliant :) Wecome aboard

Would Daves Dad would want Priscilla maybe?

OP
OP
Brightonboyz
Jul 2, 2021
Brighton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo EK
Exp
Weā€™re a couple of newbies šŸ˜Š
thanks all for making us feel so welcome already :giggle:
off now to other forums to start asking our many many questions ..........!!
as said looking forward to meeting you all virtually and hopefully face to face over the coming months
wish us luck on our new adventures :oops:

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Capital of the Cotswolds, Boyz! (y)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Hi all - am so glad we found you - looks like an amazing support network :giggle:
We are Dave and Ralph - I'm about to chuck in my job and Dave is retiring on health grounds
Feeling combination of excitement and huge nerves having just bought our first motorhome
Not sure of the name yet......oscillating between Prescilla Queen of Sussex or Gladys in honour of Dave's dad - any thoughts welcome !!
We are looking forward to many adventures and stories to tell plus meeting some of you on the road
Will keep you posted and ...... please be patient with our many many questions :frowny:
From Brighton - would that be a Vespa or Lambretta motorhome?

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
:hiya:Welcome from a fellow Brightonian! I think Prescilla is a good name for a motorhome. Look out for a Dethleff Pulse with a Scottish sticker and a star trek related bumper sticker on, that's us.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi and welcome to the Fun. Bare in mind you only get 5 posts for free, joining fully is well worth it and you can then join us at meets, rallies etc.

Looking forward to sharing your new adventures.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
:hi2:
w2f:cheers: Don't forget to include Edinburgh in your adventures.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back