Tim mc

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Epsom
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi all, my wife and I are in the early days of looking to buy a MH, we only started camping a couple of years ago as I run marathons and it was easy to pitch up close to a event. We soon realised that a MH would be the next move as I could never face towing a carvan around. Things speeded up this year following a bad car crash that we were both luckily able to walk away from thanks in part to a well build skoda which didn't survive,plus a health scare on my part we have decided that later next year we are taking a year off to go travelling.So every campsite I have been on I have chatted to few MH owners getting there take on the many MH,s out there and we are now visiting some dealers to get a closer look at various vans for lay outs etc. At the moment I am a sponge trying to suck up as much information as possible please feel free to offer any advice you think my come in useful as this will help me to try not to make a expensive mistake.
Cheers all
Tim and sue

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
:welcomesign:
1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
hi the best £15 you can spend is on a membership here could save you thousands in advice and insurance

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, Motorhoming is a great way of life and you have found the best forum to reaserch, ask as many questions as you need, though to get the full benefit from the forum it is best to become a full member £15 a year, for that you will have unlimited access to the forum and not just the 5 free posts allowed to read only members , there is a large Motorhome Show next week at Malvern where there will be hundreds of motorhomes on display could be worth a visit.
:welcomesign:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-8-4_7-48-25.png

While you're looking at mohos, don't just 'look' - sit in every possible seating position - driver's and passenger seats, benches, even the loo (don't laugh - some are just too small to get your knees inside the wetroom!) - lie on the bed(s) & move around, play at doing the cooking and washing-up, imagine having a meal, and a shower, think hard about how you'd feel spending a long wet evening in there. If you're doing outdoorsy stuff, where will you hang your wet gear when you come back? In effect, run through everything you'd want to do in the van. and DON'T let the salesman sit in with you while you're doing all of this! - they can talk to you about what the van has to offer, but they can't help with your preferred layout. Test-drive a few!

What length of van are you BOTH happy to drive? and if you want a longer van, then do you want to tow a small car? Do you want automatic? a bikerack? a TV aerial or satellite dish? solar panels? etc etc etc

If you pay annual subs as mentioned above, you can download Jim's book "The Motorhome Buyer's Guide" - more than worth the subs in itself!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hi and welcome, as you can see from above you got top information for free but there's so much more to see as a full member and don't forget there's no such thing as a stupid question. It might be one we have been asked many times but if it's important to you it's not stupid. (y)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi and Welcome
+1 What @CWH has already said :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
While you're looking at mohos, don't just 'look' - sit in every possible seating position - driver's and passenger seats, benches, even the loo (don't laugh - some are just too small to get your knees inside the wetroom!) -

All very good advice from CWH, My best Pal did all of these checks because he is 6' 5" but the one thing he didn't do was drive it. Low and behold he couldn't get the seat far enough back to get comfortable; ended up selling it and loosing a few grand.

Often your first choice will not be the final choice, many on here say they got it right on van number three.

Anyway welcome to the Fun, look forward to seeing you in a field real soon.

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Welcome. This site is worth a thousand camp-site chats for info, the reason being that the nice little chap that tells you what you should do will have scarpered by the time you try it and find out he was wrong!

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
Welcome to the madhouse!

Don't worry if it feels like a slow process - we (alright, I) wittered on for a year before finally taking the thev plunge but it was worth the effort :).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back