Newbie and looking to fulltime (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Starting to look
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All. Thought I'd follow the advice and introduce myself. I'm new to all this and my wife and I have just made the decision to sell up and look at living in a motorhome full-time - so we're both very excited and spending ages looking at forums, youtube videos etc! We're fed up just living to pay the mortgage and want to get out and about for ourselves and our son. I just love the opportunity living in a MH could give both us and him.

We've yet to source a van. But with a 20 month old son in tow, we really like the look of either end bed/ lounges and over cab beds to give us plenty of space (and we're open to any and all advice!)

So anyway, I'm off to scour the threads for information and hope to be back letting you all know when we're hitting the road!

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Capital of the Cotswolds! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wave Reaction GIF by Victoria's Secret PINK

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Welcome , first things to think about are size and driving licences, really important if full timing with a child :)

OP
OP
R
Jul 7, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Starting to look
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome , first things to think about are size and driving licences, really important if full timing with a child :)
Hi, thanks for the message. I've got my C1, so looking for a twin/tag axle really to give us the most space I think. We like the burstner argos because it has the enclosed bed over cab, end bedroom and separating doors at each end to keep the baby away from the cab! But looks like everyone's trying to buy MHs at the moment!

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
welcome! lots to think about re full timing and you dont say where you will be living- here or in other lands- major differences re what you will need for healthcare/mot of vehicle/insurance etc. But the planning will be fun and loads of people on here will be able to help with specific questions- my advice is look carefully at payload in choice of van as toddlers need a lot of stuff!!!.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Hi All. Thought I'd follow the advice and introduce myself. I'm new to all this and my wife and I have just made the decision to sell up and look at living in a motorhome full-time - so we're both very excited and spending ages looking at forums, youtube videos etc! We're fed up just living to pay the mortgage and want to get out and about for ourselves and our son. I just love the opportunity living in a MH could give both us and him.

We've yet to source a van. But with a 20 month old son in tow, we really like the look of either end bed/ lounges and over cab beds to give us plenty of space (and we're open to any and all advice!)

So anyway, I'm off to scour the threads for information and hope to be back letting you all know when we're hitting the road!
Go for it. I've fulltimed for about a year now. Well I'm maybe a bit of a plastic fulltimer as I am pitched up outside my work most of the time so I am plugged in and have free wi-fi. So not a proper mannies fulltimer.

I've loved living in the van, the only thing that is scary is just exactly how much I've loved it. No interest at all at the moment of looking for a new flat.

Get the right van and I'm sure you guys will love it too.

OP
OP
R
Jul 7, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Starting to look
Exp
I'm a newbie
welcome! lots to think about re full timing and you dont say where you will be living- here or in other lands- major differences re what you will need for healthcare/mot of vehicle/insurance etc. But the planning will be fun and loads of people on here will be able to help with specific questions- my advice is look carefully at payload in choice of van as toddlers need a lot of stuff!!!.
The plan is to stay UK based (at least for year 1, might make it into year 2 if all goes well!) And thanks for the other advice - we've been investigating twin/tag axles so we have some more space and hopefully a bit of storage for toddler toys etc!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :pink:
I would say sit in the vans on your own see how comfortable the lay out is if your inside on a wet day. Double check there's no damp in it so many reports of newish vans with damp problems and you don't want that full timing.
Good luck in your search.

OP
OP
R
Jul 7, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Starting to look
Exp
I'm a newbie
I would say sit in the vans on your own see how comfortable the lay out is if your inside on a wet day. Double check there's no damp in it so many reports of newish vans with damp problems and you don't want that full timing.
Thanks for the advice, so tricky to work out what to go for!

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Absolutely this. Also (and I know this will sound weird!!) try to imagine your son in his worst possible mood!! How would you deal with it? Where can he play with his toys? Where can you go to get a 5 minute break? Can you actually sit on the loo without doing a Houdini impression? Can you use the shower or is it like an upright coffin? Literally mime all the actions you think you would do on a day to day basis. Bring your son with you with some toys of his and see where he naturally wants to sit and play (after he has had an explore of course!). All of this stuff will help you to see if this layout is right for you.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, thanks for the message. I've got my C1, so looking for a twin/tag axle really to give us the most space I think. We like the burstner argos because it has the enclosed bed over cab, end bedroom and separating doors at each end to keep the baby away from the cab! But looks like everyone's trying to buy MHs at the moment!
Someone put a good example of this sort of van on here either yesterday or today. ambulancekidd was it not you, posting on behalf of a friend?

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Someone put a good example of this sort of van on here either yesterday or today. ambulancekidd was it not you, posting on behalf of a friend?
Yes, thread is here...

OP
OP
R
Jul 7, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Starting to look
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes, thread is here...

.... Looking at the thread now....

OP
OP
R
Jul 7, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Starting to look
Exp
I'm a newbie
I assume the van is in Scotland and I note you are in Devon, but it might be worth the effort if it has not gone one the open market yet.
Yes, it might be possible to go the distance for a decent mh that looks like it could fit our needs. But maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Yes, it might be possible to go the distance for a decent mh that looks like it could fit our needs. But maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself.
Hard not to get excited isn't it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back