Newbie and as green as a green thing. (1 Viewer)

Wanttogoroaming

Free Member
Jan 31, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Dont have one just yest
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Hi all, as the title says! I have only been camping a couple of times and a few hols when I was a nipper and thats about it.

So whats driven me to here? well a link on a forum discussing motor homes and general fun times most people had when they were a kid on van and MH hols. We have been invited on a group holiday for a week with some friends who are all into caravanning and camping and one has a motorhome (a self conversion).
I dont have the time or inclination to do the conversion myself and so have been looking around for a ready to go S/H one. The market seems to varied and I am unsure of what to avoid, so for now I am gathering information and I thought this may well be the best place to do that I have found! So I have high hopes for the collective knowledge and experience here!

My name is Bill

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and Welcome Bill(y) plenty of very helpful and experienced folk on here (and then there is me:whistle:) they will probly need a few simple questions answered like budget and so forth, but ask away(y)

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Hello & welcome.
First thing to decide is how you want to use it, If you want to park up for a week or a fortnight on a site, then get a caravan. If you want to move around every few days, especially abroad, then get a camper/ motorhome.
If you've decided on a motorhome the 3 most important thing are Damp(or lack of),layout & payload.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi Bill and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
W

Wanttogoroaming

Free Member
Jan 31, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Dont have one just yest
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Well what a welcome! many thanks feel at home already!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:HelloThere:And welcome from the south coast. Loads of advice ready and waiting for your questions. Just have to pick them out from all the jokes that will come with them. :LOL:(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Bill :pink: to Fun, a few questions, what berth do you want, do you want a van conversion, or a motorhome, about how much do you want to spend, do you want a fixed bed/ drop down bed / or make the beds up each day. Do you need a bile rack / solar panels / Fiamma awning, have a think what you want then ask as many questions as you want. You have 5 free posts then you need to pay £15 yearly subs then you can ask as many questions and have access to all the information on here.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi Bill and welcome from a fellow Lancastrian. If you want a panel van conversion I would suggest you speak with fellow Funster @Terry as he does an excellent job at conversions to you specification and often with a quick turn round time, he has a wealth of knowledge. Granted he comes from the wrong side of the Pennines but I wouldn't hold that against him!!!

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
:hiya:Hello Bill Perhaps you ought to change your forum name - it's even longer than mine !!!

because there's lots to read on here and by doing searches you can find out more on specific subjects.

:welcomesign:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
:welcomesign: Hi Bill

You've joined a great forum so you've done the difficult bit right lol

Next month the One of the two biggest caravan, motorhome and camping exhibition is on at the NEC.

Regardless of whether it you are looking to buy new or secondhand you will be able to see examples of every type of motor home from the smallest to the biggest from the budget end to the luxurious

Add to that every gadget conceivable to give you an idea of what you may want to get what you need to get

Also a good smattering of campsites exhibit both in the UK and across Europe

If you've never been to the NEC you can get a train straight into the middle of the show is acres of parking and is also loads of hotels if you wish to stay over, but you will pay through the nose to stay close to the NEC

I will be working so staying in my motor caravan, but by choice when I visit the NEC as a visitor to get the train, so no worries about coats and parking as I step out into the NEC and can enjoy a couple of drinks on the way home

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Bill, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back