Jan 3, 2012
south wales
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im new
hello everyone
im not an owner yet but have been serching the web for some time looking for a mobilehome
ive more or less decided on the Hobby 700 series tag axel and would appreciate any advise or opinions on this vehicle i know its quite long but i drive a van as part of my work and have owned several lorries in the past so the driveing dosent worry me i intend to go over to europe alot so lefthand drive would be preferrable
ive heard that its possible to make some preaty good saving if you buy over in france or germany anybodygot any advice on this

any info and advice would be greatly appreciated

regards halden

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant help specifically but in general you have to consider if you want to import it into the UK permanently.

this throws up some expense which may or may not cancel any savings made buying in mainland Europe.

import fee's, taxes, registration fee's, number plate cost and, depending how old a model, headlamp conversion to UK spec.

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
hello everyone
im not an owner yet but have been serching the web for some time looking for a mobilehome
ive more or less decided on the Hobby 700 series tag axel and would appreciate any advise or opinions on this vehicle i know its quite long but i drive a van as part of my work and have owned several lorries in the past so the driveing dosent worry me i intend to go over to europe alot so lefthand drive would be preferrable
ive heard that its possible to make some preaty good saving if you buy over in france or germany anybodygot any advice on this

any info and advice would be greatly appreciated

regards halden

Hi Halden :welcome:
Sorry cannot answer your question
Someone will be here soon I am sure

Rob :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi Halden,
Long time friends had the same rig for a number of years from new, cracking van, they only changed for a bigger rig because of long term abroad.
I bought a new Hymer direct out of Germany, with all the extra's available, saved £8,500 and had double the UK warranty for no extra cost.
Fine L/H, great on the continent and no probs in the UK.
Had the van now 9 years, well looked after and as good as new.
Good luck with your search.
Best Regards, Mac

OP
OP
H

halden

Free Member
Jan 3, 2012
south wales
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet