Newbie advice welcome (1 Viewer)

Adeyabo

Free Member
Feb 8, 2018
Funster No
Hello everyone,
Just bought a 11 plate Vauxhall Movano 62 thousand on the clock to turn into a motorhome. Any advice welcome.
I am a seasoned camper having had all forms of camping abodes and equipment in the last 30 years.
Any advice on electrics very welcome as this is my weakness. I will be using an inverter which is already in the van and mains hook up. How can I switch between the two? Also advice on insulation - which is the best for me to use etc?
I will be using the motorhome when finished to tour France. I am planning to move to my house in Brittany with my wife in four years time when we retire (55 years young). We then hope to tour from this home base.
Thanks all.
Adey.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome along,
The best advice you can get is pay 15 quid for the years subs to get shed loads of advice, some of it might be good advice.
There is a whole section then available to you on self builds.
At the moment you only get 5 posts, so best not to say thank you !!!
Links to all sorts of money saving methods, different manners of doing jobs, full instructions on everything there is to do with a motorhome including how to pay nothing for a month or 6 in europe.
If you take note of nothing else this will be your best piece of advice.

My first question to you would be why do you want an inverter when everything can be run off 12 volts (if you buy a 12 volt tv) 2 leisure batteries would be my advice with solar (dependant upon usage) as generally you are just charging phones lappies cameras etc.
Insulation - havent got a clue.
Question about touring in 4 years time. You will have to return to get your MOT each year and then declare that it might be abroad for numerous of the year and insurance goes up. Would you be better off buying a French motor now to do up before you get too committed to this one ?

Anyway, Welcome aboard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif