newbee bike rank query? (1 Viewer)

weewilson

Free Member
Jun 1, 2010
Funster No
Hi all, I have just bought a Talbot highlander Autohomes 1993 and would like to fit a bike rack on its rear. Would anyone out there know the position of the blocks that will be behind the aluminium body? looking at the van from the rear I have a toilet/shower room on the right and kitchen area to the left. From the inside it looks like this:- http://www.birminghamuk.com/camper/camper%20024.html
I've seen pictures of them attached both above and below the rear window.
Any info would be much appreciated.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I have been told that if you contact the maker of your MH, you may be able to get a copy of an actual diagram that shows the 'skeletal' frame work at the back of your vehicle. Having said that, I also know that most manufacturers are less friendly in supplying the ;owner; as opposed to dealers who can then earn mega bucks off of you for the honour of putting the bike rack or ladder or whatever onto your MH.

You gain nothing without trying, so good luck and hopefully they may let you have a copy.

Adge

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
HI am glad you spell like me if we can get a few more Jim mite let us have a spelling room of are own:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unfortunately you're not likely to be able to get a diagramme of where the struts are in the rear wall due to the age of your 'van, however, all is not lost.

You can probably work it out yourself by viewing at it from each side and looking for 'ripples' etc in the skin, or alternatively 'tapping' to locate the battens. From the interior shot, if you are content to fix it higher up you should be able to do so without having to remove loads of the equipment - you can put the upper brackets so they bolt though into the top cupboards, and may be able to get the lower fixings into the rear of the sink/cooker unit, depending on access etc, or alternaively one in the toilet compartment near to the wall separating the kitchen and washroom. Without seeing the 'van in the flesh it's difficult to say for certain where you can mount it but it isn't impossible.

Our van has an 'offset' bike rack - the mounts, one set in the centre, one set on the right, were already on it when we got it (installed by Chausson), so we didn't have to do it but I have done it previously and it isn't difficult so long as you use common sense and take your time.

OP
OP
W

weewilson

Free Member
Jun 1, 2010
Funster No
Unfortunatley my motorhome is a 'autohomes' which I believe are now out of business. I've tried to track down plans/diagrams on-line but no luck. Thanks for all your responses I will try and look for any ripples as suggested and see where that gets me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back