autumnbelle

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
somerset
Funster No
MH
Sundance
Exp
Hi all, we have just got a Swift Sundance 630L. We had our first run out to Carvynick last weekend.Really enjoyed it. We couldn't get a reception on the radio and on the way back the cruise control was a bit tempermental, has anyone else found this? There is still warranty on it so thinking about taking it to the local dealership.::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I'm sure some clever people on here will have an answer but we have seldom managed to get good airwave reception, this week it was the Lake District and not a dicky bird. Regarding cruise control, I haven't a clue since we don't have it. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Radio reception is generally down to a poor aerial installation, get a wing mounted one, the cruise control will be part of the vehicle (Fiat) warranty not a Swift dealer, so go to a Fiat garage.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes the fiat poor radio reception is legendary, especially if the aerial is in the wing mirrior, lots of people fit a new aerial on thw wing; one of the cheap rubber stubbies from halfords will do a much better job. The Cruise control can be affected by the switch on your brake pedal, check the carpet is not interfering with it before you lodge the complaint. Meanwhile welcome to the fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi and welcome
i had problems with the cruise control on our van.
i tried every way possible to turn it on and get it working looked in the hand book followed the instructions to the letter and still problems.

then one day i just turned on the switch and flicked the lever forward and that was it
i have done the same many times and it always works this way.
just remember its better to be going at a steady speed to engage it and the clutch and brake pedal will dis-engage it.
if you then decide to pass a car or slower vehicle just press the accelerator and when you have passed them just take your foot off then the cruise will take over as you get back to its set speed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back