Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
20180318_063720.jpg
am parked about 4 miles up the road from Newark.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just so glad we didn't go. It was the travelling back and forth, that and the cold for Amanda that stopped us. Hope you all OK at Newark. If you get chance build a Funster snowman x We had enough of the snow when we were snowed on at Shrewsbury at Christmas tinsel but we had fun as well x
This is a pic of our snow today
IMG_20180318_075557.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Apparently they have cancelled the show and people are clearing off.

Only half the number of traders this year as well. Dismal show according to my sources.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The fun & games will begin now with all the FWD Fiats. Hope the organisers have plenty of available.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
From the Newark Show organisers website :-

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to adverse weather conditions we regret to inform you all that we are forced to close the show today. We are absolutely gutted, especially after a good day yesterday and two nights of fantastic entertainment.

Thank you to all our wonderful campers, traders and all those who visited yesterday. We wish you a safe journey home.

See you in Kent!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Looks like it is fun getting away from the show. PS: This is not me, it is a twitter post by a friend who is just leaving.
DYj3LpkW4AA0emu.jpg:large

Last edited:

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
They got less than 400 booked when the weather was good so I don't believe them.
Also I see you are based local, I bet you wouldn't be there today if you would have had to travel 100 or 150 miles.

LOL you don't no me from Adam, we go up to Aviemore in January for sled dogs to witch if the weather is to worm we can not run ...it's not just a bout the race it's the event and being with friends.
Oh at at 6.3tons we just drove off with out any bother .

Last edited:

karl c

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
I agree and Newark is too early for an outdoor show with how the weather has been for the past few years.

It is in a great position and is easy to get to, but the organizers wont listen to what traders who have been in the business for longer than they have to say.

I suggested a number of things for example, a food festival, beer or wine festival. Auto/motorhome jumble etc.

They have done absolutely nothing to attract more people.
Richard Sinclair was trying to get that sort of thing to draw in more people as he had asked for input from the Motorhome fun people . He did try his hardist to make a change for everyone.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Richard Sinclair was trying to get that sort of thing to draw in more people as he had asked for input from the Motorhome fun people . He did try his hardist to make a change for everyone.
And Rich came and went, but not one change was made. Mortons just were not interested.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Yes We was the last from fun and a lot of motorhome and caravans left ok with no bother at all.
Hi got off field ok. Sorry we didn't see you to say bye and thanks for a good weekend, even though the weather was sh---t. We did stop along side your van when we left and gave you a few hoots on the horn to say goodbye but you mustn't have been in.
Cheers and thanks again
MicknMew

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
A lovely weekend with lovely people. We got off early because of heating probs as well as man and woman flu so apologies to those we did not say goodbye to. Friday was the best day sat outside in the sunshine!

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
No disrespect @jezport but the Harrogate show is another dead duck IMO.
Last year was Harrogates first show in the newly built halls, it still attracted more people than Newark.
This year it was greatly improved, all the visitors I spoke to were happy they visited. Most traders were happy.
So it is more like a growing duckling than a dead duck. It attracts a lot of people from the North and North East who don't attend other shows as well as the regulars.
It may not have on site camping but there are many places nearby where you can camp including sites , CLs, pubs etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back