LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We would like to come to this weekend but it will depend on the arrival of our new Bailey at the dealers.
Were meant to collect on the 1st March but they did not receive it from Bailey factory !!
Been advised arrival is due although it will have to have a P.D.I. plus various extra's fitted
ao hopefully that will happen soon and we will be at Newark.::bigsmile:
Hi tjay,

Unlike Warners, the organisers for the Newark show tend to be much more flexible with bookings, and it is often possible to book by phone as late as the day before, and collect your tickets on the gate. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think we'll only be going as day visits this time round, as we'll probably take my Mum as she really enjoyed the last one (at Lincoln) that we took her to but she won't stay overnight anywhere so staying for the weekend is out of the question, besides which she snores worse than my hubby and that's saying something!

If it snows again, though, who's up for a snowball fight!!!

Hubby is 'badgering' me to go to Newark show for the weekend ... :RollEyes: ... but if we do we'll have to forgo the Eden camp meet in April :cry: ... but we are definitely booked for the Peterborough show afterwards :thumb:

Decisions, decisions ... what to do ... HELP ME DECIDE!!!! :shout:

Don't suppose the 'funster' discount is still available for this is it? ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hubby is 'badgering' me to go to Newark show for the weekend ... :RollEyes: ... but if we do we'll have to forgo the Eden camp meet in April :cry: ... but we are definitely booked for the Peterborough show afterwards :thumb:

Decisions, decisions ... what to do ... HELP ME DECIDE!!!! :shout:

Don't suppose the 'funster' discount is still available for this is it? ::bigsmile:
Hi Mel,

If you've never been to Eden Camp before, and you only have the choice of one or the other, my advice would be to go to Eden Camp with Sheila & Mick (Runrig). It's is a great experience, and transports you back in time. :thumb:

We've only been the once some years ago now, and would like to do it again, but when it's a long weekend for us. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've been to Eden camp before so know how good it is ... they have a prefab there but you can only look round the outside unfortunately ... but I know what the inside is like as I was BORN in one! ::bigsmile:

Oh heck ... gonna have to decide soon!!!!!!!!:Blush:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Is everyone planning to plot up in the same area?
With my LT I'd be better off on the hard standing if it's likely to be damp (she's not too fond of wet grass :Sad:), where's everyone else likely to be?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we will prolly be same as last year in a fenced in area on grass they like to keep us rounded up in a pen so they can lock us in when we become to rowdy :ROFLMAO:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
we will prolly be same as last year in a fenced in area on grass they like to keep us rounded up in a pen so they can lock us in when we become to rowdy :ROFLMAO:
Are you from Witham near Grantham Bill?
If so then we're practically neighbours...:thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
no im from witham in essex i bet your happy now not to have me as a practical neighbor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Lucky escape eh!!!!!!
Might see you up at Newark tho if I can find a silencer for my Eberspacher in time...

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
hope to cya there im normally the 1 in a horizontal position in some bar :ROFLMAO:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Ha, it'll be like looking in the mirror then :thumb:

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Please add us to the list Jim, booking just squared away.
Missed the discount deadline tho....:cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This will be the first year we have missed Newark since owning a van.. But it is onloy 2 days after we get back from Spain and Woman has put her foot down :cry:

have fun every one :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We would like to come to this weekend but it will depend on the arrival of our new Bailey at the dealers.
Were meant to collect on the 1st March but they did not receive it from Bailey factory !!
Been advised arrival is due although it will have to have a P.D.I. plus various extra's fitted
ao hopefully that will happen soon and we will be at Newark.::bigsmile:

Bits always fall off new motorhomes!

Have you considered Bill the Drill's Fix it and Bodge it Meet?!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This will be the first year we have missed Newark since owning a van.. But it is onloy 2 days after we get back from Spain and [HI]Woman has put her foot down :cry:[/HI]

have fun every one :thumb:

You know on this one John, even if you decide on the day, they'll still let you park with us. So don't give up mate, keep on her case::bigsmile:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
You know on this one John, even if you decide on the day, they'll still let you park with us.
I might be a last minute addition too, so that's good to know. What I am supposed to be doing on that Sat. night looks like it might now be cancelled.

Could well be a day visitor either way, as it's only an hour down the road. I'll come & say hello if I'm there - even if only to pick up a fun sticker. Otherwise will have to wait 'till Chester to say 'hi' to all & sundry.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
tickets arrived so apart from filling the van with diesel and booze im ready and waiting :ROFLMAO:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
tickets arrived so apart from filling the van with diesel and booze im ready and waiting :ROFLMAO:

Tickets arrived today also, but I have fishing trip next week to Glencoe before packing for Newark, including a wee tour via Warrington, QVC shop.
Booze already packed in December (in case we got snowed in). Looking forward to the meet.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Decision made ... NEWARK SHOW IT IS! ::bigsmile:

We'll be arriving sometime on Friday with our mad mutts ... you have been warned

Oh, and if it snows again .... who's up for a snowball fight! :boxing:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004

Be very careful that the right stuff goes in the tank. Diesel apparently tastes foul! :ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'll bring some snowballs. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

OoooOOOOooOooOOOOoOOoooooo ... I haven't had one of those for yonks ... please tell me you really ARE bringing some!!!!! :thumb: If it snows I'll even clean it all off your camper for you if you do! ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
OoooOOOOooOooOOOOoOOoooooo ... I haven't had one of those for yonks ... please tell me you really ARE bringing some!!!!! :thumb: If it snows I'll even clean it all off your camper for you if you do! ::bigsmile:
Rita, get on the phone quick and order a pallet load of those Tunnock's Snowballs quick. We could find ourselves being really popular over the Newark weekend. Oh aye, and order a step ladder for Minx while you're at it. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock. :winky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Rita, get on the phone quick and order a pallet load of those Tunnock's Snowballs quick. We could find ourselves being really popular over the Newark weekend. Oh aye, and order a step ladder for Minx while you're at it. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock. :winky:
No need ... I can bring my telescopic one!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back