Newark Show - weather and ground conditions update (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
To all the hardy funsters who are sticking it out tonight we just know you will have a great time. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thinking of you all. Have 3 large ones for us xxxxx (not you haggers-hear you had loads for us last night) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm sorry to say we packed up our stand at Newark yesterday (Motorhome WiFi), avenue W. My folks are still there who report its very windy and it's snowed as well. Brrrrrrr!

Funsters made up the majority of people we spoke to but customers were otherwise slow on the ground. Sophie meanwhile was rushed off her feet at Harroagte Show where as I couldn't feel my feet (or my face!) at Newark.

I do shows partly for the fun of it, standing around in 0 degrees doesn't quite do it for me though, so I'm up at Harrogate for the rest of the weekend.

I hope everyone has a great show - I couldn't believe how well supported by trade it was and I think we'll give it another go next year.

she didnt look rushed off her feet on the three occasions i passed the stand this afternoon.
couple of disinterested punters each time. :Doh:

now, if you sold coffee and sandwiches you would be rich....barely an empty seat in the cafeteria.

cant be more than 1000 folks there and most of them are only indoors 'cos its blowing a blizzard outside.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
bar open in 1 hour 45 minutes (but who is counting) fresh pork pie with spuds and mixed veg for me tea I think.

The pie man told me his boss is in Harrogate at the Yorkshire motorhome show today foot & half of snow on the ground there - see things could be worse :roflmto:

thats a Yorkshireman for you.......he'll exaggerate to the last breath. :roflmto:

been there today and there's around 4" where it hasn't been paddled down to slushy ice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have no sympathy for hagars or john and shell as I got 5 missed calls and 3 voice mails on my phone last night around 0100. From the sound of the voice mails they all had dementia::bigsmile:
excellent !!! hagers has found a new victim.

it's usually me who gets the calls at stupid oclock in the morning...last one was from somewhere in the Alps i think. :ROFLMAO:

lucky for Paul i was still propping up the bar at that time. :thumb:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
"You can be guaranteed a warm welcome at the 2013 Spring Show"

Pity about the weather - poor sods.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Omg ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ahh you were innocent on this occasion (for once) poor Bill , hope he didn't fall out of bed and hurt his should again :roflmto::roflmto: Bet he had the hangover from hell x

Sounds like you are having a great time regardless of the weather :thumb:

Send our best wishes to all n safe journey home

John n Kath x

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The organisers just presented Sian with a cup for the best club turnout - Still too busy having fun, so pics to follow :clap: :thumb:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A brilliant night had by all , dispite the weather , NOTHING STOPS THE FUNSTERS FROM HAVING A FAB TIME :thumb::thumb:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Just getting kicked out off main bar Elaine's drunk and drifters were good
Legs are knackerd dancing again
Of to bed no starting engines or getting towed of before 9am please

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Didn't see you dancing Peter but saw UK Bill ribbed about being a big issue seller by the brilliant comedian - cause he was dressed like one!

still loads of funsters here but most towed by George the tractor man onto the hard standing having a great time! :roflmto:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hola

:thumb: Hi all
Congratulations on winning the cup wish we could have been there but had a phone call from home to say we had 4inches of snow and as we have a side road to get the camper home to bed we had better not leave till sunday as no gritters go there, believe it or not it has snowd since we arrived back and still snowing (now 0.45am.) Must say we shall miss our bacon butties, also must say thanks to the company we had on Thursday and Friday night also thanks to UK bill for taking me to the cash point and can you give me the info for updating maps and your sat nav. Thanks to everyone (special thanks to the marshalls for all there hard work) we enjoyed the time we had with you and hope to see you at Peterborough if not before :thumb:

Thanks

Dave and Polly

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Had to leave yesterday as we heard what the weather was like in Uttoxeter and knew we wouldn't get home if we didn't leave - it is horrendous here and still snowing. Couldn't get the van back into storage and couldn't get it onto our drive so it's currently on pub car park across the road. Now we can't get it off their car park so it's staying there until the thaw................................ July????

Anyway, despite the weather we had a wonderful time on Friday. Met some great Funsters and found everyone - marshalls, exhibitors, barstaff, tractor man, other Funsters and Jim and Sian - to be incredibly friendly and welcoming. So thank you so very much from 2 very very new Funsters and congratulations Jim and Sian on a great turn out and a very very well organised rally. We'll be back!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Wahoo well done Motorhome Fun on winning the cup!

Wish we could have been there too

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics :thumb::thumb:

John n Kath​

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry to let the team down but we ended up bailing out around 5pm last night ( Saturday ) having used up all the reserve gas bar a final dribble we decided discretion was the better part of valour ..

Though just for once the Jaws deep mining craft ( we just sink every where we go ! ) did manage to just drive out under its own steam, when just about everyone else had to be towed :thumb:

All I can put that down to is those new tyres.. So far, since they were fitted, we have not actually been stuck ONCE !! ( Hankooks do indeed seem extremely sure footed ! )

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm glad I'm not there. It sounds like you're getting drunk and having lots of fun. We don't want any of that do we?

:winky:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we had another great night last night watched a guy with beaded sweets in his hair
and some others who looked and sounded like the drifters i couldnt hear much cause philip was talkin to loud :ROFLMAO:
a big thank you to jim and sian for a great meet :thumb:
met some new friends and also hooked up with some old 1's
could be a convoy on its way to pedro's early next year
BIG ISSUE BIG ISSUE ANYONE WANNA BIG ISSUE
off today but hope to see ya all at peterbourgh :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
All hardstandings !!!

we had another great night last night watched a guy with beaded sweets in his hair
and some others who looked and sounded like the drifters i couldnt hear much cause philip was talkin to loud :ROFLMAO:
off today but hope to [HI]see ya all at peterbourgh [/HI]:Smile::Smile::Smile:

What about Shepton Mallet in April ?????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i will have to ask swmbo 1st
or i could just disappear for a weekend :Smile:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Jaws;744298 All I can put that down to is those new tyres.. So far said:
We too drove straight off the field this morning no trouble, didn't even have to use traction control. These new Hankook RA18 lantra tyres seem to do the business!

Sorry to churn it up for you Haggers...........

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:thumb: Hi all
Congratulations on winning the cup wish we could have been there but had a phone call from home to say we had 4inches of snow and as we have a side road to get the camper home to bed we had better not leave till sunday as no gritters go there, believe it or not it has snowd since we arrived back and still snowing (now 0.45am.) Must say we shall miss our bacon butties, also must say thanks to the company we had on Thursday and Friday night also thanks to UK bill for taking me to the cash point and can you give me the info for updating maps and your sat nav. Thanks to everyone (special thanks to the marshalls for all there hard work) we enjoyed the time we had with you and hope to see you at Peterborough if not before :thumb:

Thanks

Dave and Polly

Hi Dave good to meet you and drink with you! Bill says his taxi is ready for all of us at Peterborough :ROFLMAO:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
off today but hope to see ya all at peterbourgh :Smile::Smile::Smile:

I thought the old dears were going to attack you with their zimmers when you wouldn't shut up one old dear picked up her walking stick to trip you up with but missed. the guy in front of us had it all on video :Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Most of us now on the runway, eagerly waiting for the next Funster assault on the muddy rally field exit!::bigsmile:

The best entertainment of the weekend!:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Last funster left on the field.....wondering if I will eat my words of never ever in 12 years been towed.......

Everyone has churned up the field just nice

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Good luck Paul, we managed to escape ok.
Home now and van emptied.
Hope next week will be better
Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back