Newark Show - weather and ground conditions update (1 Viewer)

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Sid..... yes there are a great many motorhomes on display.. all budgets seem to be catered for. :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Ho dear I chickened out on this one
not able to get there in all the snow :Sad:
have a good time you hardy lot :thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Cold and windy but no snow yaaaaaa

Look again Peter, we've had a make over, over night. Ah we'll, fridge is full, gas is full, drinks cabinet is a bit shot at but sure we can make it through the weekend. Us lot here are the real rough t tufty sort!!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
No snow???

I've just battled through severe downfalls and huge snow drifts, to get to the showers. Well, not quite, but almost. :winky::winky::winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i think i will go out and make angels :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Explain please !!:ROFLMAO: What are you on !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

at newark mate and its snowing jim promised us it would be 40degrees he didnt say it was below 0 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
btw steve where are you now if its sunny and warm please lie

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We were coming today for a visit but I don `t think we will venture out now:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm sorry to say we packed up our stand at Newark yesterday (Motorhome WiFi), avenue W. My folks are still there who report its very windy and it's snowed as well. Brrrrrrr!

Funsters made up the majority of people we spoke to but customers were otherwise slow on the ground. Sophie meanwhile was rushed off her feet at Harroagte Show where as I couldn't feel my feet (or my face!) at Newark.

I do shows partly for the fun of it, standing around in 0 degrees doesn't quite do it for me though, so I'm up at Harrogate for the rest of the weekend.

I hope everyone has a great show - I couldn't believe how well supported by trade it was and I think we'll give it another go next year.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Eat yer heart out !!!

btw steve where are you now if its sunny and warm please lie

Now with Jeannie in her house ! lots of food and drink and loads of snow outside !:thumb:

Tomorrow......Slow roasted shoulder of lamb with a garlic, rosemary and anchovy crust !! on a bed of caramelized onions :Cool:

You making a snow angel.......on the way back from the bar probably !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Tardis2

Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Since 2008
:cry:Sorry Jim but this ruggsy ex Royal Marine Commando has moved to main runway ready for take off as I notice so have other funsters, we will see you at the meet in the shed at 1100 and will visit show after but for us we will leave tonight but we have enjoyed our first funsters meet with a great load of people thanks Jim.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
No snow here it is nice sunshine and 60 degrees. No only kidding bet you cannot guess where I am though clue not far from Newark it's a pity the council always put their bins upside down though:roflmto:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Arrived about 90 minutes ago:thumb:

Started to lose traction within 10m of entering Funsters field:thumbdown: but managed to get going and turn down row 4:Smile:

Half way down row 4 and now going nowhere:cry:

To the funsters who look out of their windows in morning and see a van stuck in the 'roadway' a big hello from us and we have been told we will get a tow in the morning::bigsmile:

Just discovered as well that the sterling battery to battery charger that was fitted this week is not working. All in all a good day so far:RollEyes:

I'm going to the office this morning I'll give you a call:thumb:

Eddie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Can people stop calling the bloody tractor over!@!!

Some of us didn't get out of Jon and chells van till gone 2am and are feeling a little fragile....can't wait to get round the show looks terrific

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Now with Jeannie in her house ! lots of food and drink and loads of snow outside !:thumb:

Tomorrow......Slow roasted shoulder of lamb with a garlic, rosemary and anchovy crust !! on a bed of caramelized onions :Cool:

You making a snow angel.......on the way back from the bar probably !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

send me the address im bloody starving does Jeannie have ehu :roflmto:and why u back so early ?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok mate glad you got back ok hope to catch up with you at shrewsbury show if we are in uk

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Can people stop calling the bloody tractor over!@!!

Some of us didn't get out of Jon and chells van till gone 2am and are feeling a little fragile....can't wait to get round the show looks terrific

Hahaha Not only have you been champered in the past now you been [STRIKE]shellshocked [/STRIKE] jonshelled :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Safe journey home all

Kath ..at home snug n warm :winky::winky:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I have no sympathy for hagars or john and shell as I got 5 missed calls and 3 voice mails on my phone last night around 0100. From the sound of the voice mails they all had dementia::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I have no sympathy for hagars or john and shell as I got 5 missed calls and 3 voice mails on my phone last night around 0100. From the sound of the voice mails they all had dementia::bigsmile:

aaaha see... it is not the Sheriff (Champers) that leads haggars astray to tel the world, you are naughty Jon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kath

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
I'm going to the office this morning I'll give you a call:thumb:

Eddie

First class telephone support from Eddie from Vanbitz, and thanks to some more help from fellow Funsters at Newark, I hopefully have solved the problems.

Have to say, the 'new' funsters field has been growing all day since I was towed off first thing this morning. Looking forward to a relaxing beer this evening.:thumb: see you all later.

Ps If you need to hose down MH, there is a fantastic hose pipe by the Chemical Disposal Point by the red entrance. Felt like Fireman Sam this morning as I washed all the mud off using the emergency fire hose:roflmto:

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
How the show going

Was considering a trip to the show on Sunday, what's the conditions like out and about. Have many of the stalls called it a day and gone home.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Just getting some sleep before round 2 ...most funster s been towed off and disappeared...we,re hanging in here and living our time here. We spent a fortune at the fudge stall..had a great night e watching the houndogs last night...

Most trades people have done one but we don't care I'm staying stuck here till next years show.....

Kath .it was a nasty Jon trick played last night...he must of learnt it from your husband...he turned up at my van at 11pm when I had retired with my coco.he had whiskey and red bull already poured for nikki send I making refusal impossible..I managed to escape at 2am....poor bill the drill was trapped there till 7-30 this morning:Eeek:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
if you think its bad weather in Newark look what its like here

Attachments

• 483810_139883059523314_580554407_n.jpg
    483810_139883059523314_580554407_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 89

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, we decided to come home ... we were nice and warm in our van last night with 3 duvets on the bed!::bigsmile: We took the awning down and had the van pulled off the Fun site this morning, then parked on the hard-standing instead. We did brave the weather a couple of times today to go round the stalls that were still open/there and collect some stuff we'd bought, but the wind got up even more and the show was at times being blown horizontally! It also got really cold again, worse than yesterday and was definitely below freezing as the snow/ice was stuck solid to our rear lights! As it is supposed to be below freezing tonight and possibly tomorrow we decided to cut our losses and come home ... especially since no-one would have a snowball fight with me - not even Diamond Dave! :cry:

Quite a few of the stalls had shut up shop completely and were packing up, others said they were going to do the same, and we also saw several exhibitors driving off into the distance. As for the vehicles on sale, they were virtually all locked up with very few dealers' staff in sight so I don't know how you're supposed to look at them. I doubt there will be many stalls left there tomorrow - even Diamond Dave had shut up his stand and was camping out at the Autogas stand as they have more weather protection (and here's me thinking you were the roughty-toughty type Dave:Blush: :winky:! ).

Perhaps they should have cancelled the show in retrospect. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back