Newark Show - weather and ground conditions update (2 Viewers)

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
We are in Uttoxeter and want to try to get to the show today - where did you read about someone getting stuck in Uttoxeter.
Thanks.

Your previous post,just checked it and it doesn't exactly stay stuck but I had just read it when it came on the news. Good luck hope to see you there. Steve.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We've had extensive snow all night and it's still at it but hopefully we will still be there though probably a bit later than anticipated.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
On the road now leaving Harwich.No snow,rain or heavy winds here - just b****y cold.
Packed the snow chains just in case!

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The Snake and Woodhead passes are both closed so if you are coming over the tops, find an alternative route.

welshcowboy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2012
flint
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
1 year
gutted can't get to the show :(

gutted can't get to the show can't even get the camper off the drive stuck in foot of snow here in sunny north Wales plus roads all around are closed due to power cables down and fallen trees.

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Delayed departure

Have decided 2 days of cold and/or snow is enough for us, so will be heading there tomorrow morning. With any luck, that way we will miss the worst of it. Looking forward to meeting you all..... Sue & Barry

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We arrived yesterday. The weather is absolutely bloody freezing. The show (exhibitors) is as expected, pretty naff to say the least. Beginning to wish we'd stayed at home :ROFLMAO:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
We arrived yesterday. The weather is absolutely bloody freezing. The show (exhibitors) is as expected, pretty naff to say the least. Beginning to wish we'd stayed at home :ROFLMAO:

Just walked around the show and as you say not brilliant as some of the exhibitors have not turned up - but found a stall selling scrumpy (4 pint container please) went in the craft tent and found some lovely grub so rating not bad as I thought!:roflmto:

The Tardis2

Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Since 2008
Just walked around the show and as you say not brilliant as some of the exhibitors have not turned up - but found a stall selling scrumpy (4 pint container please) went in the craft tent and found some lovely grub so rating not bad as I thought!:roflmto:
Phil we had a good chat to you and Bill last night in the club but since then had trouble with our own heat in the van and are now hold up in Brownhills waiting for them to have a look so hope to be back with Fun lot later. We might even go round the show????

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Booked to arrive this afternoon but decided not to come today.May come Saturday or Sunday for day depends on weather .:cry:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Phil we had a good chat to you and Bill last night in the club but since then had trouble with our own heat in the van and are now hold up in Brownhills waiting for them to have a look so hope to be back with Fun lot later. We might even go round the show????

was it the smell that you reported yesterday? good luck enjoy Brownhills

PS I think you left at the right time last night - it went downhill after you had gone :ROFLMAO:

clougha7

Free Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Pescara
Exp
delayed departure

We were very much hoping this was going to be our first Rally
However, due to the current inclement weather conditions still not left Lancaster - didnt fancy the M62/ A1 in this :cry:
Hopefully things will improve and we can @ least come for one night.....
Thats the trouble with being a virgin(of the motorhome variety) it sometimes needs a little while to pluck up the courage to take the plunge .................

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We were very much hoping this was going to be our first Rally
However, due to the current inclement weather conditions still not left Lancaster - didnt fancy the M62/ A1 in this :cry:
Hopefully things will improve and we can @ least come for one night.....
Thats the trouble with being a virgin(of the motorhome variety) it sometimes needs a little while to pluck up the courage to take the plunge .................

Don't be a hero/victim you want your first meet to be memorable for the right reasons. Any doubt stay at home.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We wish everyone at Newark a great time and those travelling a safe journey both to and from the show.

Wishing we were with you, we just know you will have a great time xxxxxx

And for those of you not sure whether to travel or not, whats a bit of snow between friends xxxx remember you have your tea and coffee making facilities with you and theres always there snowshape competition that could be had.

Be adventurous xxxx and have fun whereever you are and whatever you do xxxx

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
Don't know what all the fuss is about ,the weather here is lovely,am thinking about putting my mankini on and going for a jog. Lol .er sorry that was a slight typo.it should have read,cold/windy and dry with no snow at all

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're here! Arrived yesterday afternoon and decided to put out awning up then and thank goodness we did as it was snowing this morning when we looked out of the van window! :Eeek: Fortunately it soon stopped and then wasn't that bad, windy but not tooooooo cold, but as the day has gone on it's got colder and windier and now its bl**dy freezing!

We did start the day well though with a nice hot bowl of porridge and then bacon butties for lunch, and tonight it's chicken breasts with either chips and peas or mash and veg, can't decide which at present, such decisions!

We've already been buying though - 3 regatta jackets (2 for me one for him), hats, neck warmer thingies, a belt and 2 baseball caps with sun shade cloth on the back ... don't think we'll need them at present though! Oh yes also 6 double caravan steps (don't ask!), a Collins map of GB, 4 gas canisters, a small strainer and a kingsize duvet ... we'll definitely be nice and warm tonight! :thumb:

A few of the traders haven't opened-up even though they'd already set their stalls up yesterday, and there were a few gaps left by those who haven't come at all. Of course, some may not have come out of choice whereas I suspect others haven't been able to get here, but there are still quite a lot here so still plenty to look round. The stallholder who we bought the duvet from had a load of snow on thier van and had come from Derbyshire but didn't know if they'd make it when they set off this morning.

I suspect we're going to get some snow/sleet shortly as the sky looks very 'white' so we're in for a cold night ... goodness knows what we'll wake up to in the morning! :whatthe:

Anyone for a snowball fight?????::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't know what all the fuss is about ,the weather here is lovely,am thinking about putting my mankini on and going for a jog. Lol .er sorry that was a slight typo.it should have read,cold/windy and dry with no snow at all

So when are you doing the mankini jog then? I could do with a good laugh! :ROFLMAO:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
bar open in 1 hour 45 minutes (but who is counting) fresh pork pie with spuds and mixed veg for me tea I think.

The pie man told me his boss is in Harrogate at the Yorkshire motorhome show today foot & half of snow on the ground there - see things could be worse :roflmto:

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
So when are you doing the mankini jog then? I could do with a good laugh! :ROFLMAO:

I think it is more likely to make you vomit than. Laugh. Some says it turns heads. My wife says it turns stomachs. And I tend to agree these days. But I don't mind doing it if it would be a sponsored jog in aid of charity I think him is doing an auction isn't he . Per lap of the funsters field in my mankini and wellies. Lol:thumb:

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
Hi johnfarlie , just noticed you on reading this thread ,I don't know you but I parked at the side of you.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
Hi all,does anyone know how if there is any way of making I phones to see and read,i have already tried several vodkas and if anything it's making it worse, I can hardly see anything now.lol:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We've arrived but I can't give un update on the ground conditions....

Everything is spinning too fast to give an accurate assessment!::bigsmile:

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can anyone tell me if there are many motorhomes on display as i'm thinking of coming up tomorrow?

Cheers
Sid

OP
OP
Nigel&Debbie

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
We got there

Arrived about 90 minutes ago:thumb:

Started to lose traction within 10m of entering Funsters field:thumbdown: but managed to get going and turn down row 4:Smile:

Half way down row 4 and now going nowhere:cry:

To the funsters who look out of their windows in morning and see a van stuck in the 'roadway' a big hello from us and we have been told we will get a tow in the morning::bigsmile:

Just discovered as well that the sterling battery to battery charger that was fitted this week is not working. All in all a good day so far:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back