Newark Show & Birthday Beano!! (1 Viewer)

Gina G

Free Member
Oct 25, 2007
Funster No
Link Removed Link Removed

Following the massive success of this new event in 2007, ‘The UK Motorhome & Caravan Spring Fair’ returns to Newark Showground in Nottinghamshire on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th March 2008.

The organisers are pleased to announce the expansion of the show both indoors and outdoors, plus the addition of daytime arena entertainment.

Weekend visitors will once again be treated to 2 nights of top-class cabaret including award-winning magic, music and comedy, plus even a real-life TV Game Show Night!

The 1,000 capacity pavilion will be transformed into a TV studio with a camera crew and giant screens for a full stage production of household favourites such as ‘Play Your Cards Right’, ‘Catchphrase’ and ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, presented by a professional host. Top prizes will be up for grabs during this night of humour and audience participation.

Other acts appearing to entertain weekend campers include vocalist & magician ‘Vizage’, singing sensations ‘Venus’ and top comedy show band ‘Jokerz Wild’.

The show is an ideal opportunity to prepare for the 2008 season, with trade stands featuring the latest models from many major brands, plus all manner of spares and accessories for motorhomes and caravans.

Weekend camping is available on-site at just £35 per pitch, including free evening entertainment on Friday and Saturday night, free show guides, a courtesy shuttle bus to historic Newark, plus discounted admission to Newark Air Museum. To book weekend camping, call 01775 723723 or download a booking form at Link Removed

Day Tickets are priced at £6 for adults and £3 for children (5-15 years) or discounted by booking online or by calling the 24 hour hotline on 0870 1631786 (deadline 10th March).

Hope to see you all there :Smile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
We attended this show last year, it was its first outing, and we thought it was great. Lots of people from elsewhere moaned and groaned (as usual :roflmto:) but we will definately be returning for its second outing.
Thanks for letting us know about it, and I just want to enquire whether we need any special arrangements to organise ourselves as a group, all camping together, and if there is to be any form of discount offered to us please? Does your organisation hold the relevant permits (Defra cert, public liability etc) or, as a club, do we need to provide our own?
Looking forward to your reply and to attending again.....

Keith

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have already been in contact with Gina, you will notice that they have some advertising on the right:Smile: They are placing a banner add on their website for us, and we have struck a good deal for some trade space to advertise Motorhome Fun. I haven't worked out the details yet but I have been looking for a venue for my 50th Birthday Bash and this may well be it!!

Gina has said she will be able to get at least £5 off the full weekend entertainment and camping costs. I have to check on a few things yet but I am pretty sure this is going to happen so grab your diary and write this in it for Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th March 2008

"JIM'S 50th BIRTHDAY BEANO and Newark Show!"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
i would consider this one.

Dont worry Jim once you hit 50 they go even quicker and your bones ache more with every year :winky:

OP
OP
G

Gina G

Free Member
Oct 25, 2007
Funster No
We attended this show last year, it was its first outing, and we thought it was great. Lots of people from elsewhere moaned and groaned (as usual :roflmto:) but we will definately be returning for its second outing.
Thanks for letting us know about it, and I just want to enquire whether we need any special arrangements to organise ourselves as a group, all camping together, and if there is to be any form of discount offered to us please? Does your organisation hold the relevant permits (Defra cert, public liability etc) or, as a club, do we need to provide our own?
Looking forward to your reply and to attending again.....

Keith

Hi Keith,

I see Jim has already informed you on the above - thanks Jim :)

Just wanted to let you know that Newark Showground hold their own certificates which we are covered by and also, as event organisers we old our own insurances for the whole event, so it's all covered.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions and we look forward to seeing you return to the event in 2008.

Regards,
Gina

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I am most definatly up for this one, just need the details when there sorted and we will book:thumb:
Geo
never been to an OAP party before:ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
I am most definatly up for this one, just need the details when there sorted and we will book:thumb:
Geo
never been to an OAP party before:ROFLMAO:

Hi
We will definately be there, just need the info now ::bigsmile:
Geo, dhould this read "just need the details when there sorted and we will Forget to book??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Ps G, look forward to seeing you there mate

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Oi
Thers nowt wrong with my er whats it ,me thingy short term, is that you Bill???

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
I rest my case :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don't worry, I will call you to remind you buddy :roflmto:
Anyway Harry, you are in good hands now, I think????:thumb::Eeek:

Keith

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bump
Any more info yet?? how?? who?? when?? how much??:Smile:
Geo
Ps any more takers for this one

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi tony we did this year, so I would it will be the same next year.

Olley

OP
OP
G

Gina G

Free Member
Oct 25, 2007
Funster No
Bump
Can we not get in the show ground on Friday anyone know?

Hi Tony,

Great to hear you're coming along to the show.

Yes, you can arrive anytime from 9am on the Friday and stay until Monday morning if you wish.

The actual show starts on the Saturday but there will be a few trade stands and catering open on the Friday plus the night time entertaiment.

Regards,
Gina

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I hope to be there but due to family circumstances can no way book this early:winky:

Be nice to meet you informally Peter & Betty:winky:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Jim

Could you please add our names to calendar - I booked with Gina G this morning.
£30 now and an additonal £5 if we don't get ten bookings from Fun.
Electric hookup is a whopping £15 so we are passing on the hook up option - but Gina G explained this is the charge the electrical contractors have decided to offer.

As Keith said earlier, we went to this show last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was not as large as the Peterborough Show which disappointed some, but there was an excellent mix of stalls - At £30 for the weekend I think it is great value.

Hope to see you there!!::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We could book one hookup, and daisy chain the rest of us, very enterprising bunch arn't we:ROFLMAO:
Geo
Im going to wait and see if Jim or Gina come good with a definate £5 discount for Fun members. Tight or what!!!!!!:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think there will be more than ten of us Geo, so go and book at £30. In the unlikely event that less than ten book, then MH Fun will I am sure be in a position to pay the addition fiver per member. Should be a good party, Gina has said we can have our own plot so I am looking forward to us all parking around our new party tent. :beer:+ :wine: = :man_in_love:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I know there will be more than 10 Jim, cant blame a bloke for trying:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi,
how do i book this to ensure we get to camp with everyone at the mh fun area AND get the discount.
definately going but dont want to be left out in the cold.
cheers,

john.

peter

Free Member
Nov 23, 2007
Near Boston Linc's
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia 640
Exp
Since 2000
hi,
how do i book this to ensure we get to camp with everyone at the mh fun area AND get the discount.
definately going but dont want to be left out in the cold.
cheers,

john.
Our view as well.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi John or Peter
Y It appears you book direct telling them your with MHFun and they knock a fiver off if less than ten book Gina will come looking for the other fiver, a bit hit and miss me thinks
Gina should come right out and say that were getting a fiver off and be done with it, it looks more professional than a guessing game I suspect the others clubs have got a discounted scheme in place, there's bound to be about 20+ of us but every ones hanging back waiting to see if we make ten or not
Jim's even promised to pay the fiver if we don't make ten vans and he wouldn't do that without some insight and logarithmic calculations:RollEyes:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Newark Show 2

There is some speculation as to whether we are getting a £5 discount or not.
The discount is available if we get 10 vans or more

who's going

My best guess is 28 vans

whats yours guess

Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Oh March OK i'll go

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Please post on this thread once you have booked and I will add you to the calendar. I am not sure that anyone has booked yet, if you know different let me know! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back