Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Looking forward to tomorrow.:Smile:
Why, what's happening today Chris? :roflmto:

Although absolutely mobbed, a few of us managed to squeeze into the Cedric Ford Pavilion and find a spot [STRIKE]at the bar[/STRIKE] in the corner, and had a good time catching up with old friends, as well as making new ones. ::bigsmile:

It's very grey and misty, but here's hoping for some better weather.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Edit......
There are 15 of us here now, with Mark (CLS) arriving tomorrow. :thumb:

Not sure how, and it doesn't really matter, but it'll be 17 of us when Mark (CLS) gets here.
Apparently, Events Developments allocated 20 x spaces for us. :thumb:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We are glad everyone is having such a good time.
Personally, we feel ad welcome as a turf in a swimming pool.
Thanks to Malcolm, buyer, and the other chap for the chat, but if this is fun....we,ll give it a miss in future.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We are glad everyone is having such a good time.
Personally, we feel ad welcome as a turf in a swimming pool.
Thanks to Malcolm, buyer, and the other chap for the chat, but if this is fun....we,ll give it a miss in future.
Hi there,

Sorry you feel that way, but to be honest, with many of our members (including Jim & Sian, the website owners) being either in Spain or Eden Camp (York), we have lost the use of our social marquee. I am led to believe that the dates for this show were brought forward, thereby clashing with other meets. Normally we have in excess of 50 x MHs here at Newark, and are known to the event organisers as proper Funsters.
We are even on You Tube
This year is the exception to the rule due to the reasons explained above.

I am more than happy to discuss the matter with you in the morning.

Regards,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
We arrived last night saw a couple of people and spoke to them and today we have meet several other funsters and had a chat I am sorry if I missed you

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I am sorry if I missed you

Hi all, we are pleased to be here and have enjoyed ourselves loads. Day one - arrived late as sun was hidden by clouds. :cry:Drank real ale (Cathryn had a bit of the pink stuff) listening to Ultimate Elton John - very good :thumb:. Day two - up late and walked for miles arround show making lists of places to go back to tomorrow. Took lots of light fittings to Aten lighting - (now LEDed up and having to wear sunglasses at night). Back to van eating inside as weather sunny but no longer warm.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
To continue, tonight we saw and listened to Chequers and enjoyed them a lot. (Took issue with a twat and a friend of a twat who thought it was fun to rearrange the furniture so they could block the fire exit.) The Grumbleweeds were bloody superb, only two of the old buffers left now but we have not laughed so much for so long in years :ROFLMAO:. When they finished it was off to the Pig and Whistle for the last set of 'the Business' an excellent band. (Malcolm danced :ROFLMAO:). Now back in the van - put those damn lights out so I can see to type. All in all it is not surprising anyone missed us - but hope to put a few faces to forum user names at least tomorow. I don't think there is anything in the formal programme tomorrow night but maybe drinks together would be good. In the mean time we are in the old Hymer at the bottom of the line if anyone cares to give us a nod. Cheers all.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
The clocks have gone forward, and the sun is now beginning to poke it's head above the horizon here at Newark. It looks like being a cracker of a day

Rita and I had a quiet night in last night, which is most unusual for us on a Saturday night at meets. :Eeek:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The clocks have gone forward, and the sun is now beginning to poke it's head above the horizon here at Newark. It looks like being a cracker of a day

[HI]Rita and I had a quiet night in last night[/HI], which is most unusual for us on a Saturday night at meets. :Eeek:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

:thumb::winky::winky:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Newark

Well our first trip out and made very eventful by Mr Autotrail. Kitchen door fell off its mounting on the journey to Newark, leisure battery died and van blew a fuse. Nearly froze to death as the heating does not work without some volts for the boiler fan.
Never got to meet as many people as we would have liked as we spent to much time fiddling with the van and could not get out on Friday evening.:cry:
Many thanks to Jock and Ash who spent so much time in my van making things work, fixing it for me or finding the problem.
But do you know with all the grief and hassle with the van we had a great time - thanks to everybody we met and apologies to the ones we didn't. We will hopefully meet you all another time. ::bigsmile:
Mike and Sandra

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
hi all

it was nice to meet you all :Smile:

we hope you all got home safely

it is nice to put a face to a name

see you all soon

gaz and julie

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
had a nice time at newark :Smile: show was a bit small this year .will give it a miss and stick to mmm shows lot bigger .

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all
Had a loverly weekend nice to meet new and old friends
Hope you all arrived home safe
There's only 3 of us left here now
We be off in the morning
See you all at Easter
Lisa n Brian

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Arrived home about 15 minutes ago , had a great time and it was nice to catch up with the other Funsters :Smile:
Look forward to seeing everyone again at Peterborough :thumb::thumb:

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi all .got back from a very nice weekend away at newark(red hot today) i even had to take my shirt off and expose myself,( well my fat belly anyway) nice to meet chris 65/darklord/and malcolm bolt for the 1st time.didn't get to meet anyone else though,shame we didn't get to use the shed this year,or did we but i didn't get to find out about it.hope to see you all at peterborough next month:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
shame we didn't get to use the shed this year,or did we but i didn't get to find out about it.
No Buyer, don't worry, you didn't miss out on anything. I would have mentioned the use of the "shed" had it been available to us, when I introduced myself to your good lady, daughter and granddaughter on the Friday. :winky:

Many thanks to all that came along to help make it a half decent turnout, and despite the lower numbers, most of us had a good weekend. The weather was smashing for the greater part of it.

See you all sometime soon,. (but not P/boro unfortunately), as sunnier climes beckon. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
Hi all
Arrived home safely yesterday, but spent the evening with mrs dms at casualty :Doh:
Had a great weekend apart from the Lincoln hospital visit :Sad:.
Glad to say mrs is on the mend slowly:ROFLMAO:
nice to meet up with old friends and meet some new ones :thumb:
see you all soon.
Alan

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi all had a nice time chatting also the weather was great hope you have a great trip Jock & Rita i'm sure you will hope to see you all again soon cheers Rod & Mar

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
great to hook up with old friends and make some new ones too..

It was certainly was an odd one with so few of us Funsters there, and as said, the show was actually quite small too compaired with previous years ( obviously the usual traders new most of our lot were not going to be there so did not bother either !! :winky: )

Big thanks to Jock and Rita for running round like loons getting things organised for us all..

Anyways.. I guess the next one ( Peterborough ) will make up for it all and hopefully will not cost me a bloody fortune again ! ( Woman decided she wanted a log burner heater for the garden... I had to take almost everything out of the garage in the van to get the darned thing home !!!!!!!!! )

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
nice to meet you rod and mar marrod23
we spent some time putting the world to right :Smile:
hope to meet up again david and brenda .

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Many thanks to all that came along to help make it a half decent turnout, and despite the lower numbers, most of us had a good weekend.

as sunnier climes beckon. :winky:

Jock & Rita.

We certainly enjoyed it, just wish we had got together with more of you. Looking forward to spending more time with funsters at Chester and Peterborough. Best wishes for your trip :thumb:

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Arrived home this afternoon after a great first meet. We wanted to thank, Jock and Rita, Freelander, Jaws, Ash, Monsi, DMS, Buyer for making us feel very welcome. It must have been difficult with not having a marquee but we really felt part of the group. Thanks to Monsi for the advice about LED bulbs, we managed to get a real bargain at 3.49 each :thumb:. Not sure when we will be able to get to another rally but will seriously try.

Last edited:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Thank you

Cheers to all who managed to catch us as we dashed about and to those who tried but could not pin us down :thumb:. Looking forward to Easter weekend now. :Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back