New Zealand & driving licence C1 (1 Viewer)

Cazz

Free Member
Jun 19, 2021
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8years
New Zealand. I’m thinking of importing my Motorhome to NZ as I’m in The emigration process. To drive it in the UK I need & have a C1 . I guess at some point I will have to have an NZ driving licence Does anyone know if I will get a like for like automatically. Or how I can find out the rules/legalities please. Thank you

Solution
New Zealand. I’m thinking of importing my Motorhome to NZ as I’m in The emigration process. To drive it in the UK I need & have a C1 . I guess at some point I will have to have an NZ driving licence Does anyone know if I will get a like for like automatically. Or how I can find out the rules/legalities please. Thank you
We got one when we lived there. Dead easy. Just an eye test. You have to visit a centre to do it. They take your photo for you.
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We got one when we lived there. Dead easy. Just an eye test. You have to visit a centre to do it. They take your photo for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Solution
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Here are the exact details. As long as you have a valid UK licence it's a simple exchange for a New Zealand one and you still keep you UK one also.

New Zealand licences allow you to drive a Motorhome upto 6000kg.

Assuming you have had a look at all the requirements for importing a motorhome into NZ ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Now then....importing the Motorhome. Now that's a bigger challenge. Depends on the age. We looked into it then abandoned the process as it was just a nightmare. Our van was too old and didn't have EU type approval.

There are lots of blogs about people who have done it

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back