New Years Resolutions (1 Viewer)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Ok Ok

I am going to try and stop drinking alcohol.

It just does not agree with me:Smile:

Makes me feel quite ill.

I used to be able to drink and enjoy it but not anymore. :cry:

So for an alcohol free 2014:thumb:

We are not going out tonight so I may last a bit longer than a day.:roflmto:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Come on then, they say if you make your resolution public, you are more likely to stick with it.

I'll be making a few..

To take More Exercise
To take more Photographs
and Finish a book that has been the subject of a few New Years Resolutions:Blush:

What will you be promising yourself?

Almost the same Jim, and lose weight!!! at least 4 stone at the last count. Here goes.

Best wishes to all funsters for 2014 hope it's a great one.

Steve'n'Lesley

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Spent too much time in hospital in 2013 ,hope for no more opps and lots of time in the van going to meets and plenty of time in France. Harry & Shirley wish Happy new year to all Funsters ,hope you all have a great 2014::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I have been alcohol free now for 7 1/2 hours.

I have spent the last hour and a half trying to wake my 28 year old son up in order for him to go to work.
It took 10 minutes before he actually moved and that was only to cover his head with the duvet:Smile:
He has just gone to work, but god help anyone that looks at him sideways today:roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
1. Drink less
2. Stop smoking
3.Lose weight.

Trouble is I have a big feast and piss up planned for today and I am meeting my brother tomorrow for 3 days which is not conducive to cutting down on booze.

I think my resolutions will have to kick in from 7th January when I go back to work:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
to stop getting up early on my day off work, been awake since 5am this morning

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
To find an unrecognised Rembrandt at a Car Boot Sale [cue harp music and wibbly wobbly dream sequence effect] "How much have you got on the picture of the old-fashioned ginger bloke with the big nose luv? One pound fifty? Would you take a pound for it? Lovely, thanks - it's OK, I've got a Sainsbury's bag here."

Failing that, staying sane and solvent will do me fine.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can't recall ever making a New Year's resolution .. if I want to do something for the better.. I just (try to) do it .. no need to make a special time..

I quit smoking last May .. got sober many years ago and never touch the stuff.. however, since quitting the weed I have gained a few pounds.. 28 to be exact :Blush:.. so my resolve this year is to get back to my 'smoking days' weight.. should achieve that by end of May .. (fingers crossed)

I wonder what Cameron's are ?

maybe ..

1: Privatise NHS ✓
2: Tax breaks for the rich ✓
3: Reduce public services ✓

Look after his mates ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

Happy new year all...
and remember..... it's better to try and fail ....than to never try..
:thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Good to 'see' you onboard Scotland Jim! :thumb::thumb:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Bob Dylan's New Year Resolutions :Smile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nluiApeNWKI"]Top 10 New Year's Resolutions with Bob Dylan - YouTube[/ame]

Tkly

Free Member
Nov 27, 2009
Near Stonehenge
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
9 Years
To survive my next heart op :thumb: and find a way to adapt to being medically retired which is looking to be on the cards.
Get the van repaired and get back out on the road.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Lots of Chicken Pluckers about today. (Happy New Year Kath)

" My N Y Resolution--- Just to continue to be perfect."

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
1521251_10151967386651655_2131532288_n.jpg

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
" My N Y Resolution--- Just to continue to be perfect."[/QUOTE]

I used to make this resolution every year or rather TRY for perfection but as someone pointed out I was setting myself up for failure.
I like making resolutions (I make lists of them):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
" My N Y Resolution--- Just to continue to be perfect."

I used to make this resolution every year or rather TRY for perfection but as someone pointed out I was setting myself up for failure.:ROFLMAO:
I like making resolutions (I make lists of them):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]

No sorry I used to be conceited--:whatthe:
But now I'm Perfect it doesn't Matter any longer.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I am going to organise my lists. I have lists of UFOs (unfinished sewing projects); lists of sewing, lists of knitting I still want to make; lists of furniture I need to take to auction; lists of things to go on ebay etc. etc.

To be honest I spend so much time writing lists, it's a wonder I get anything done at all.........but 2014 will be different :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are just like my other half umpteen things going on but one she always gets finished is the Christmas stockings which she sells for the dogs charity

DSCN0485.jpg.

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Having stopped smoking on Christmas eve in preparation for a forthcoming operation on 2nd January. If all goes well I intend leading a healthy lifestyle after a lifetimes abuse. I have finally realised that my body will not stand any more of this ill treatment. Look out Haggers, I may just be catching you up one day ::bigsmile:.

Trust all goes well tomorrow

Barry and Sue. :thumb:

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Come on then, they say if you make your resolution public, you are more likely to stick with it.

I'll be making a few..

To take More Exercise
To take more Photographs
and Finish a book that has been the subject of a few New Years Resolutions:Blush:

What will you be promising yourself?

Had to think about this but actually it's simple - to get home from our 6 month walkabout by the end of March.

Why? Twin daughters are 40. :RollEyes: and there's a party to be had! :ROFLMAO:
Youngest will be home from America with grandchildren and son-in-law :Smile:
We'll have run out of money by then. :Doh:

.......oh and the grass will probably want cutting. :Eeek:

Take care all and have fun

Barry and Sue

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I don't know if you can call these, resolutions, but this is what I would like to do

1) Spend more time with my son, before he goes away again to walk the world!
2) Do more specific sports to be able to follow son in the mountains (just had 2 killing days with him up in the Pyrénées...:RollEyes:!!)
3) Give more time to lonely people... (got one in particular...and I have to say it's getting more and more difficult as she is a real pain:RollEyes: I tend to more and more run away:Blush:)
4) Stop stuffing myself with food .... especially when on hols with JJ... can't resist English greasy food:cry:), it should help number 2!
5) Allow myself to deeply breathe... at least 3 times.... each time little Owen is being naughty(which happens about every 2 minutes), before saying anything! Errrrrr, after second thought..... let's say 5 times:Eeek:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
gonna tidy the garage out

and get shot of some clutter

back on 5/2 diet monday

after a fraughtnights break

weigh in tommorrow

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Went in the garage today had a look

Found the fridge

Opened a tiny of old shpecalled hen nice it was
Well what it's a start tis one less tin
Bit of clutter gone

Oh me weight 80.2 up from 79.1 so not a lot of damage
Back on for Monday till next chrimbo
Got a new jumper to get in no no no not hers mine

Thought I'd let yer know

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can't recall ever making a New Year's resolution .. if I want to do something for the better.. I just (try to) do it .. no need to make a special time..

I quit smoking last May .. got sober many years ago and never touch the stuff.. however, since quitting the weed I have gained a few pounds.. 28 to be exact :Blush:.. so my resolve this year is to get back to my 'smoking days' weight.. should achieve that by end of May .. (fingers crossed)

I wonder what Cameron's are ?

maybe ..

1: Privatise NHS ✓
2: Tax breaks for the rich ✓
3: Reduce public services ✓

Look after his mates ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

Happy new year all...
and remember..... it's better to try and fail ....than to never try..
:thumb:

Hmmmmmmm....Strong stuff! Maybe you should have asked Santa for the following:

A .50cal Barrett Sniper Rifle.
A one way ticket to London.
A public cell in a privatised prison?

That way, you could fulfil your desires, AND lose weight! :winky::winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hmmmmmmm....Strong stuff! Maybe you should have asked Santa for the following:

A .50cal Barrett Sniper Rifle.
A one way ticket to London.
A public cell in a privatised prison?

That way, you could fulfil your desires, AND lose weight! :winky::winky:

An odd post.. not sure what your driving at..

I should buy a rifle , go to london and live in prison ?????????????

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Resolution to get back to healthy eating....

If helps anyone over the last 2 years Hubby and I have lost over 8 stone over 5 for me and 3 for him, we have eaten lots of " nice" food over christmas which was lovely but just no good for us we just felt crap and ballooned and bloated back up by about 10lbs each, so I sanitized the fridge again yesterday and we will be back on track again very soon. It is a lot easier to be good when temptation is restricted.

It is also a lot easier to be good when you are not working ridiculous hours and raising a family too........ We try and eat regularly so we don't get over hungry and grab the nearest thing!

We have lovely food and don't starve at all but basically cut out most bread pasta potatoes rice. Just fill up on Veg salad and lean proteins that you like.

We have a small cooked breakfast every day, 2 good quality low carb sausages or 2 nice rashers of bacon, scrambled poached or fried egg tomatoes or mushrooms, gets the metabolism going, We eat lots of fish, meat, veg and salad and berries, we enjoy a glass of red wine or 2 most days, we use a little cheese or butter or a little oil, lots of herbs and spices and little splash of cream here and there for taste plus I enjoy 3 or 4 nice americano coffees.

You don't need huge spoons of things to add flavour..... Just bits of this and that.

You basically have to keep whittling out the crap and keep the sins down to the important ones, weight loss is nice and steady just 1 or 2 pounds a week really for us but it soon adds up.

Both looking forward to shifting another stone, still going out for a curry every week and a big fish (batter off) with a nice salad.

After a couple of months the cheap carbs just taste really bland and crap so you don't want them anyway.

If we can do it you really can too ...... Haven't spent any money at a slimming club we need that money in the supermarket, the discipline has to be in the home .... Looking forward to fitting into a double kayak this summer, couldn't even have fit in the motorhome shower a couple of years ago .... Feel 20 years younger....... Go on try and get your life back..........:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back