Rally New Year@Shrewsbury--the return (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Crikey I'd forgotten all about this one...........all done now though.
Arriving Friday for Three nights, sorry for the delay and sorry for the reserve list. Spoken with Jan in the last few minutes as have several other Fun-Folk.

Happy new year ......... Griff
Have you had something else on your mind Griff(y)

Martin

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@funflair - He's the Past Master at delegation though! (Hope he doesn't read this - we are on our way for some spinach related hospitality....) ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Jan has been very busy today with all the bookings but can confirm we have booked and paid for the 4 days arriving 30th December. Really looking forward to it but yet to decide if we try to do the journey in one day or stop over somewhere for one night. Probably depends on the weather.

Cheers, Pamela

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
@funflair Hi Martin any chance you can update list of who has booked so that the funsters biting there nails on the reserve list hoping to snatch a place can see if they might get a place or not
Cheers Gary and Janet

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair Hi Martin any chance you can update list of who has booked so that the funsters biting there nails on the reserve list hoping to snatch a place can see if they might get a place or not
Cheers Gary and Janet
Hi

Sorry, on two fronts,

Firstly for not updating the list as not much service in the new forest.

Secondly all but one on the main list is now booked in and paid so it would now only be cancellations that would bump anybody from reserve to main list.

I will update it when I get back to a bit better service and a computer.

Martin

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Martin

You can remove us from the reserve list please, although it looks as though we wouldn't have got in anyway, as we've made alternative plans now.

Thanks.

Denise

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

You can remove us from the reserve list please, although it looks as though we wouldn't have got in anyway, as we've made alternative plans now.

Thanks.

Denise
I think you are right, enjoy your alternative arrangements.

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks guys.

I've been dithering over this for ages. Shrewsbury sounds lovely and we've never been before. It will be nice to see the new year in with friends, away in the van (which was something Les & myself loved doing)

Thanks for your patience Martin.
X

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Debs, glad you are getting away with Lu, would it be a case of having to include a mi-fi and 30 g data card as part of Lu's Christmas present as a bribe!! You know she doesn't like being away with out the internet readily available!! Lol

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK here is the list so far, if you think I have missed you off this one SHOUT.

Basically everybody is booked except one who will confirm later so I don't envisage anybody from the reserve list getting in SORRY.

These are N+B owners club but some are also FUN
Funflair
@KayeB
@GaryBDawson + 2 friends
@jimcunliffe
Ding Dong
Kevin & Lyn @Harvald
@jonegood + Sues sister @Roseandpeter
Chris & Pauline @Barbet owner
+ @meanders (has to be on the list as he is bringing his disco and possibly even some lights) (near the room)

This is the list from FUN in the order of shouting.

1 @JockandRita
2 @Ambilkate near the room
3 @Badknee
4 @Carol
5 @Debs
6 @meggie
7 @cliffandger
8 @Taran_Las
9 theonlySue replaced by @snailtrailer
10 @Mousy
11 @gloworm
12 @Jimbohorlicks
13 @homercostello
14 @Tom A
15 @jo-ca
16 @Lofty1
17 @triclops (near the room)
18 @Popeye
19 @quickweh
20 @lunarman

Thats over 30+ vans because you caught me out and I was slow closing it and more N+B names than I banked on, could be a squeeze in the room so dont anybody put any weight on over Christmas or we might not fit in:LOL:

Reserve list

2 @movan
4 @daveandsan
5 @garjanco
7 @Red Dragon
8 @Pete-Jay-Sophie
9 [USER=24833]@DavidG58

10 @beacons
11 @Drive

Everybody will get electric hook up and a few can be close to the room if they have limited mobility (thats before alcohol not after) I talked with Jan at the showground and they have put more hook up point in allowing us all to stay on the roadways if required. If you are near the room we will plug you into the kitchen downstairs so if you have a 13 amp 3 pin to standard hook up plug adapter bring it please (dont worry if you haven't as other people will and we can scrounge of them).

Martin[/USER]

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Martin Amanda has some disco lights we can bring with us if you need them . also if it's bad underfoot icy etc whe would need to be near the room as Amanda not to good in Icy weather . hopefully it will be quite mild so fingers crossed .kind regards Kate x

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin Amanda has some disco lights we can bring with us if you need them . also if it's bad underfoot icy etc whe would need to be near the room as Amanda not to good in Icy weather . hopefully it will be quite mild so fingers crossed .kind regards Kate x
Hi Kate noted about the room, @meanders did mention lights when we chatted at Norfolk, Robin should see this and might comment is he want any.

Martin

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Did someone call? :wondering:

Hi Kate. Hi Martin.

Yes I will be bringing lights. Four are very powerful LED's (90W) so should more than fill the room. They do any colour, plus white, warm-white and UV. They run static, flash and change colour as programmed from my lighting controller. I also expect to have a Derby light that has a large number of moving beams and will also connect to my controller.

Best wishes .... Robin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Kate @Ambilkate

Thank you Amanda for your kind offer but it looks like Robin had it all sorted.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK peeps, New Year is getting closer, been over to the showground yesterday/today and sorted position of all the leccy points and checked out the room and all the tables are out and ready leaving a bit of space for dancing. The ground was good so if it doesn't get too wet between now and then it stands a chance of being drier than last year:xThumb:.

How about we have a best decorated van competition (outside not in) obviously the theme will be a bit Christmasy and flashing light but let your imagination run away with you.

If we get enough takers we will ask Amanda @Ambilkate to judge it for us, if the are no takers I win:xrofl:

Martin

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Hey guys hope you all enjoy the festive frivolities wish we had made the main list but stuck on the reserve list
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy:xgrin::xgrin:
Gary and Janet

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hey guys hope you all enjoy the festive frivolities wish we had made the main list but stuck on the reserve list
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy:xgrin::xgrin:
Gary and Janet
Sorry, if folks don't enjoy themselves this year it might be a bit quieter next year:xThumb:

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
OK peeps, New Year is getting closer, been over to the showground yesterday/today and sorted position of all the leccy points and checked out the room and all the tables are out and ready leaving a bit of space for dancing. The ground was good so if it doesn't get too wet between now and then it stands a chance of being drier than last year:xThumb:.

How about we have a best decorated van competition (outside not in) obviously the theme will be a bit Christmasy and flashing light but let your imagination run away with you.

If we get enough takers we will ask Amanda @Ambilkate to judge it for us, if the are no takers I win:xrofl:

Martin

Amanda would love to judge the best decorated van she did it once at one of Hagnaps meets :) X

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Martin, can't figure out where the entrance to the showground is, the paperwork gives Berwick road as the address as does the post code but I suspect that the entrance is on Gravel Hill lane, Gate 2 using Google Earth.
Can you please confirm?
Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin, can't figure out where the entrance to the showground is, the paperwork gives Berwick road as the address as does the post code but I suspect that the entrance is on Gravel Hill lane, Gate 2 using Google Earth.
Can you please confirm?
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

Don't panic, I was going to put a map and some instructions on before the event and hopefully I will have some yellow signs out out as well. but yes it is off Gravel Hill Lane and will be the second entrance you come to but the first one should be locked anyway.

I will mark up a screenshot when I get chance.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK here is the promised screen shot from Google Earth with the gate we are using and a bit more info.

More info to follow

Martin

Attachments

• New Year.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
These are the "getting there instructions" supplied by Jon Good for last but they are still pertinent, Take note of the warning of the low bridge in town (Cross Street) to be fair most people would most likely get under BUT why risk it:xThumb:

Hi Martin

The best way in in my opinion is to come from the A49 A53 junction at the north side, For those coming off the M54 its quicker and even for those coming from the west, its genrally easier than going through the town centre.

Cross St bridge is best avoided because its an arch that seems to diminish as you go through it so the unwary tend to catch corners or in extremis get jammed.

The address is

The Greenhous West Mid Showground
Berwick Road
Shrewsbury
SY1 2PF

Best way in from M54 as follows

At the first island you come to off M54/A5 ( massive thing with traffic lights) turn right towards Whitchurch.

at the next three islands take the 2nd exits,
basically taking an arc around the north side of Shrewsbury

At the 5th island take the second exit A528 towards town centre ( dont worry about the 11ft bridge sign you will turn off before you get there)

Go down the A528 for about 3/4 mile until the first set of traffic lights and turn right onto B5067.

about 1/4 mile downhill you should see a smallish road on your left, this is the showground access road and it is signposted.

Important Note
When you leave do not turn right at the traffic lights on the A528 because the bridge is nasty.

If you are coming from Whitchurch direction.

At the first large island with service station take 4th exit
straight over the next island

at the next island take the second exit A528 towards town centre ( dont worry about the 11ft bridge sign you will turn off before this)

Go down the A528 for about 3/4 mile until the first set of traffic lights and turn right onto B5067.

about 1/4 mile downhill you should see a smallish road on your left, this is the showground access road and it is signposted.

Important Note
When you leave do not turn right at the traffic lights on the A528 because the bridge is nasty.

image.png

I have put the green flag right over Cross Street where you dont want to be in a tall van, If you do come down the spring gardens road you will loop around the town centre and avoid cross street BUT if you were to turn right out of Berwick Road leaving the meet you would have no option other than Cross Street, there are light that flash if you are a high vehicle and they tell you to STOP and turn around, I know because we set them off last week:xrofl:

Martin

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back