Rally NEW YEAR @Shrewsbury "again" (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry I won't see you P, give my best to Mike and to Sue, Eric, Dave and Sandra. Bye the way I still have two full bottles of 43 and one on it's last legs.
Thanks Paul, wishing you and Jackie all the best for the New year, hope we can catch up sometime. Quite addictive that 43 isn't it.:)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
A big Thank You to @fanfare for their excellent hosting of the new year celebrations we had a great time as always and seeing super fun ster friends . best wishes again for 2018 safe and happy travels Jan & Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
a special repeat photo entry, I was accused of missing off one funster table :(

you were there first time as well though (y)

IMG_4315.JPG

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Another good night at Shrewsbury was had by all. Failed miserably at identifying countries in the quiz....even though some of us had actually done it before at another meet and learned nothing!
What a great bunch of people to start the new year with. Loved it!
See you all again sometime soon. X
(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Failed miserably at identifying countries in the quiz....even though some of us had actually done it before at another meet and learned nothing
And that's despite having two mobile phones at your team's disposal.........................just to check whether you answers were right..............or not. :eek: ........... ;)

Rita and I would also like to express our thanks to @funflair, Martin & Jen, for their organisational skills to help us all see in the New Year again. (y) Whoever takes over this Meet for next year, will definitely find it a hard act to follow. ;)

Our thanks also to @meanders, Robin & Hilary, for their sterling efforts in helping Martin & Jen, and for keeping us entertained with a great selection of music tracks, and thanks too to everyone who helped out in other ways, although not obvious to all. ;) Nice one folks. (y)

Rita and I have had a smashing time. (y)

Safe travels home to those leaving today. :)

Cheers everyone,

Jock & Rita. :)

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Anthony and I would just like to express our thanks and appreciation to @funflair Martin & Jen and all who played a part in making this a superb meet. We brought in the New Year with a great bunch of people and enjoyed every minute of it (apart from the mud :eek: :LOL:)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Fabulous New year was had by us, thankyou Martin & Jen @meanders for all your hard work we really appreciated everything you did for us, we appreciate every thing that goes into the organising of these meets. Thankyou to all the Funsters for sharing their new year with us & making it a meet that Amanda and we will remember xxx
Kate Bill & Amanda xxx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A big Thankyou to @funflair Martin and Jen and all the helpers who made it a wonderful event.
Thankyou to @JockandRita Jock , Bill and the bacon chefs!
Thankyou to Robin @meanders for the dancing music love a good bop!!!
And lastly Thankyou to all the Funsters who made the Shrewsbury New Year such a great way to see 2018 in .
Safe travels home and see you all soon!

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We're home, out of the mud - still love Shrewsbury though:D2

Just wanted to say thanks to @funflair Martin & Jen & @meanders and all those who helped. I don't think anyone underestimates how much effort goes into running a meet but you always make it look so easy(y)

Lu & myself had a great time with a lovely bunch of folks as always.

Happy new year to everyone and hope to see you in a field somewhere:drinks:x

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Back home after a cracking weekend in spite of the mud. Thanks to Martin and Jen, you can catch up on your sleep now! Thanks to Hilary and Robin for the music and Robin again for sorting the maps in the quiz. Happy New Year to you all and safe travels.
Pauline and Mike

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Home safe, log burner lit, continued thanks to Jen and Martin and all others who did their bit to make it all work, very much appreciated (y)(y)

Nice to see you all, whetted our appetites for France / Spain next month, then Chester where we hope to see a good few of you again :)

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Many thanks to @funflair Martin and Jen for organising yet another first class meet and also for the extra help this morning also thanks to @meanders Robin and Hilary for the musical entertainment the bacon butty team led by @JockandRita Jock for the much needed sarnies and last but by not least all the Funsters and N&B club who all make these meets what they are
Happy New Year to you all and see you in a field somewhere real soon
Gary, Janet and Ruby dog

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have indeed had another fabulous New Year, it's lovely to read all your comments and honestly it's not that much work especially when everybody muck's in and helps which of course they do so thanks every one for that, but especially Robin and Hilary @meanders without whom it would not be the same.

We have enjoyed running this event over the past three years BUT and that is a big but we feel that we are getting a bit stale and predictable and need a rest and let somebody else have a go. Seriously though it's not that complicated as the showground people are great to work with and the venue makes it so easy.

If anybody fancies taking it on "Do shout up please" and if you want a bit of help I would be happy to oblige.

I have taken the liberty of booking the room again for 2018/2019 so watch this space.

Martin and Jen

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And, just in case anybody is interested we were about 0.6 metres of river rise away from being flooded from the river Severn, so thank you Wales for not sending too much water our way:LOL:(y)

But don't worry Ian at the showground monitors the levels upstream and downstream and gets an alert from the environment agency if we are in danger and he assures me he would pass on the message;)

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back