New Year, New Member! (1 Viewer)

Andy M

Free Member
Jan 1, 2018
Funster No
Hello All,

Happy New Year to you all.

We are looking to take the plunge into the Motorhome ownership world. We currently gave a Toyota Hi-Ace but now need more space.

We have been going round some of the dealers/private sales in the South looking at 2nd hand 4-6 berths to accommodate our family. Looked at a 2003 Rimor yesterday and stupidly didn't check before we viewed whether it had cab aircon. For us this is important as we generally spend a few weeks travelling in France each year. Bunks for the kids are our other 'must have'.

So my opening question for you guys is whether anyone has had any experience of or heard of anyone having cab-aircon retro fitted? Have seen some astronomical prices on other forums! Alternatively we could just open the windows.....

Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,

Andy

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hey Andy, welcome to the forum (y)

I don't think cab air-con would be very effective, apart from just the cab area with a curtain across.

What about having it fitted in the back of the van?

Never looked into this myself, but I bet there are available systems that can be used whilst driving and powered via the alternator? Although personally, a window does me :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements